Future New Member

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2017, 01:51 AM
Default Future New Member

Hello - my husband & I are going to be renting in The Villages during Jan/Feb/March of 2018, in fact we are now actively searching for a home to rent (BTW..we have one cat -she is declawed, all fours & letterbox trained, which is more than you can say for me! LOL). Looking for a home to rent for those 3 months, with a 4 seater golf cart (if possible). Also looking for suggestions and hints for first time visitors to The Villages. Also, does anyone know how much it would cost to rent a four seater cart if we can't find a home that has one? My husband & I are into country couples and line dancing...so suggestions about that will be helpful too. I'll be spending some time reading the posts on The Talk over the next several days. Looking forward to learning more about The Villages and the people of The Villages!
Old 02-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default Some sites that may be of interest.

The Villages Commercial Property Sales & Leasing
This site is The Villages (TV) sales pitch for commercial property. There is a lot of
information.

Village Community Development Districts
All about TV

VIRGINIA TRACE, THE VILLAGES, FLORIDA
This is one of the villages social club site that has a lot of information. Some may not be current.

The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site
TV gourmet club restaurant ratings.

Golf The Villages
Everything you want to know about golf

http://thevillagesdailysun.com/
Daily paper, not a lot of info on their site.

http://www.poa4us.org/
Property Owners Assos. Has their past newsletters.....lot of info.

http://www.thevha.net/
Home Owners Also has their past newsletters.

http://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Listing of all the clubs.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmabelle View Post
Hello - my husband & I are going to be renting in The Villages during Jan/Feb/March of 2018, in fact we are now actively searching for a home to rent (BTW..we have one cat -she is declawed, all fours & letterbox trained, which is more than you can say for me! LOL). Looking for a home to rent for those 3 months, with a 4 seater golf cart (if possible). Also looking for suggestions and hints for first time visitors to The Villages. Also, does anyone know how much it would cost to rent a four seater cart if we can't find a home that has one? My husband & I are into country couples and line dancing...so suggestions about that will be helpful too. I'll be spending some time reading the posts on The Talk over the next several days. Looking forward to learning more about The Villages and the people of The Villages!
Welcome to this Forum. You will love The Villages. Talk to everyone, ask questions, take the trolley ride and drive around in your car for awhile before easily renting a four seater golf cart. Consider coming to visit including April or October when it isn't so crowded. You can google "renting golf carts in The Villages" and get quotes on four seaters from several different rental places. You can either go to the squares or to church and get to know people, or both. Have the Daily Sun delivered to your home Daily, and pick up the FREE copy of Recreation News at any of the dozens of rec centers. It will tell you about daily activities.

Be prepared to be teased a little. I say this with a wink.

Please don't let your cat go in the letterbox.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default Excellent Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter;1355***
The Villages Commercial Property Sales & Leasing
This site is The Villages (TV) sales pitch for commercial property. There is a lot of
information.

Village Community Development Districts
All about TV

************* VIRGINIA TRACE,* THE VILLAGES,* FLORIDA
This is one of the villages social club site that has a lot of information. Some may not be current.

The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site
TV gourmet club restaurant ratings.

Golf The Villages
Everything you want to know about golf

http://thevillagesdailysun.com/
Daily paper, not a lot of info on their site.

http://www.poa4us.org/
Property Owners Assos. Has their past newsletters.....lot of info.

http://www.thevha.net/
Home Owners Also has their past newsletters.

http://www.districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Listing of all the clubs.
Excellent post for anyone serious about visiting The Villages.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Bogie forgot one, here's a thousand rentals with photos in TV.

VillagersHomes4Rent.com
Old 02-03-2017, 01:45 PM

I had to laugh at myself when I saw 'the letterbox'!! LOL For some reason I am making more typos as I get older...either that, or there's an 'imp' somewhere that changes my e-mails and messages!! Thanks for the suggestions. We are looking forward to spending some time in The Villages and nice people like you are making our first stay here better before we get there!!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Sage

I agree April will be much cheaper to rent.

I would go to all three squares and the Eisenhower Rec Center. Talk to a anyone and everyone. Most people love to talk about TV and folks are really friendly.

Get a gas cart to explore TV and it is enormous.

BTW- You will love it here!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-04-2017, 10:51 AM

Looking forward to exploring TV! Most homes that rent have electric carts. Will they hold a charge long enough to be able to 'explore'?
Old 02-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

If you are staying in the center, near Sumter Landing, and electric cart will get you as far north or south as you can possibly go, play 18, have dinner and dance, and then head home. However, if you are staying on one of the edges north or south, and are heading to the opposite end, playing golf, heading to Walmart, stopping back at Sumter, and then heading home you may be squeaking back in.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
If you are staying in the center, near Sumter Landing, and electric cart will get you as far north or south as you can possibly go, play 18, have dinner and dance, and then head home. However, if you are staying on one of the edges north or south, and are heading to the opposite end, playing golf, heading to Walmart, stopping back at Sumter, and then heading home you may be squeaking back in.
We live in Hillsborough.....yesterday went to golf at Hacienda (Spanish Springs) then back to Brownwood for dinner then back to Hillsborough.....about 50% left which meant I could do it all again and then squeak in...lol. It all depends on how old the cart batteries are and how old the cart is also. Batteries and Technology has significantly improved over the years but if batteries are 4 - 5 years old the range will be less. If it's a relatively new cart or has a recent battery change you can go anywhere you want here without worry.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-05-2017, 08:02 PM

I sure appreciate all the suggestions and help. I am soon much looking forward to staying in TV. We owned a Winter home in a retirement community at Winter Haven until we sold it four years ago. I am hoping that my husband will like wintering in Florida so we can do this every year. I would move here full time if I could move our kids and grandkids all down here too! LOL
Old 06-05-2017, 05:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I rented a two-seater cart from The Villages Golf Carts and it was $18.00 per day. But I only rented it for a couple of days. I believe that the price per day goes down for longer term rentals.

I think a four-seater is only a few dollars more per day.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:00 AM

A couple of line dancing thoughts....
here is a link to a group of line dancers.
VillageLineDancer.Com - Home
You can also find line dancing classes in the community guide.
The Villages - Community Calendar
And also check the recreation guide for classes.
http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf

Line dance classes will lead you to line dance groups,
line dance groups have regularly scheduled "socials"

My wife and I dance weekly in the north east, when we are in the villages we have found two interesting differences. It takes a bit of effort to get "in" at the groups. Everyone is nice, but have patience it takes a little time to get the full welcome.
Secondly, they dont call the dances like they do in the north east. They just play songs, no called dances, no called songs....a bit strange to us but....hey we are the newbies.

We love the Lifestyle!
Old 06-05-2017, 06:19 AM

Get a $5 map at one of the sales offices.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, rent, home, time, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.