Future newbie / prices of homes

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

storage and a big garage helps. The further north in TV the quieter.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
storage and a big garage helps. The further north in TV the quieter.
Minus of course, the train.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:08 AM

Excellent feedback, thank you!

BTW - I am from Columbus, Ohio (retired). Living temporarily in Miami, FL with my wife. Love golf and very social.

Last edited by Miguel 1952; 04-17-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:16 AM
Platinum member

We lived in Upper Arlington after college until our move down here. We would be happy to meet you when you are down. The Villages is one of the best decisions we made. Been here 8 years. There is a very active Buckeye Club and we are also members of the OSU alumni association. Just PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:39 AM
Platinum member

We wanted some amount of privacy and a small house. We found the perfect corner lot patio villa that was for sale by owner in 2013. LOVE the villa! We sold or gave away almost everything and live VERY simply in the 6 months we are in TV. We like having the flexibility of living in Florida and in Wisconsin. I love snow!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
We wanted some amount of privacy and a small house. We found the perfect corner lot patio villa that was for sale by owner in 2013. LOVE the villa! We sold or gave away almost everything and live VERY simply in the 6 months we are in TV. We like having the flexibility of living in Florida and in Wisconsin. I love snow!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
No disrespect intended, you love snow? I always love what you post but loving snow? See what you said about living very simply...that is our hope...that we don't go into the accumulation mode. Easy and simple. No NO NO 85" television forgetaboutit. Patio Villa sound perfect. Historic Area sounds fantastic also. We shall see.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
No disrespect intended, you love snow? I always love what you post but loving snow? See what you said about living very simply...that is our hope...that we don't go into the accumulation mode. Easy and simple. No NO NO 85" television forgetaboutit. Patio Villa sound perfect. Historic Area sounds fantastic also. We shall see.
Yes. Snow means change of seasons and change of activities. Snow means cold and I like cold. I like having a change of weather and I like snow. I like snow shoeing and snowmobiling. I like walking in the snow and hearing the sound of the crunch under my boots. I like Christmas when it is white outside my window. Yep, I like snow!
Old 04-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
We lived in Upper Arlington after college until our move down here. We would be happy to meet you when you are down. The Villages is one of the best decisions we made. Been here 8 years. There is a very active Buckeye Club and we are also members of the OSU alumni association. Just PM.

We will attempt to horn in on this because we are from Columbus too, and we are proud to call Mr. and Mrs.jojo friends and especially her amazing mom too.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
We wanted some amount of privacy and a small house. We found the perfect corner lot patio villa .... We sold or gave away almost everything and live VERY simply in the 6 months we are in TV. We like having the flexibility of living in Florida and in Wisconsin.
We have a modest home in TV in mid Villages. We also live simply.
We purchased most of our furniture at the consignment store, Bargains and Treasures (we bought new mattresses).

We have a view lot because privacy is important to us.
I love the four seasons; well, three of them at least. We spend winters in The Bubble to avoid snow and ice.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:29 PM

I graduated from OSU, Buckeye here!
Old 04-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Yes. Snow means change of seasons and change of activities. Snow means cold and I like cold. I like having a change of weather and I like snow. I like snow shoeing and snowmobiling. I like walking in the snow and hearing the sound of the crunch under my boots. I like Christmas when it is white outside my window. Yep, I like snow!
That is what makes the world go round. I understand your point. I think its the shoveling and driving that I dislike the most. Point well taken...my mom felt the same way you do.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

We have 2 dogs and Do not want our life to revolve around walking dogs so a CYV was our only option. We wanted privacy and did not want to backup to another house. We found a corner lot with plenty of space and grass. We are so happy with what we found but it really depends on your situation.

Last edited by HoosierPa; 05-05-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Sage

So many great suggestions to think about.

I would like to add that we had many of the upgrades built when we built... Our neighbor did not. They built with the the cheapest builder grade on everything in their home. CHEAP!!! CHEAP!!! CHEAP!!!!

THEN.... they had people come in and put in EXACTLY what they wanted! The have a top of the line home for probably less than our home and more adds. And you know what... They will only pay taxes on the base price of their home.

Smart neighbors.

Just something to think about.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:06 PM

For those of you looking for privacy, especially with a pet and you don't want a Courtyard Villa Nash Loop in the Village of Hemingway are individual ranch homes with 6 foot fenced in backyards. My Corpus Christie ranch is currently for sale.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Be aware that on new homes there are no negotiations with the developer. The contract for purchase has no contingencies. No financing contingency, no inspection contingency. If you require financing. They do not accept FHA financing or VA financing. They only accept conventional financing.
If you purchase pre owned than all of the above is moot. If you purchase pre owned you will need a MLS Realtor and a Villages realty rep. In the pre owned market The Villages lists about 50 percent and all othe companies list the other 50 percent and they do not cooperate.
I am not saying this is good or bad it's just how it is and different than any place I have purchased a property.

Last edited by OpusX1; 04-18-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
reality, buy, info, experience, home, prices, homes, newbie, visited, developer, negotiations, great, ago, years, ready, make, appreciated, compare, price, frogs, size, interested, upgrades, living, future

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.