Golf Cart Insurance

Golf Cart Insurance

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Golf Cart Insurance
  #1  
Old 11-24-2018, 01:33 PM
Jerry C's Avatar
Jerry C Jerry C is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Dunedin
Posts: 24
Default Golf Cart Insurance

Like I said in the other thread, we are newbies.

Do you guys get insurance for your golf carts? Liability is pretty inexpensive and comp/collision is more than twice as much. What do you opt for? Any suggestions for companies?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 11-24-2018, 03:25 PM
RErmer's Avatar
RErmer RErmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 329
Default

Yes to insurance. Less than $100/yr. I had a run in with a post a few weeks ago (dumb!), and the $3,600 (not a typo) repair bill was paid in a week. Foremost Insurance, through The Villages Insurance agency. Highly recommend!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 11-24-2018, 04:55 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,547
Default

Had a similar incident two years ago, cart body is fiberglass which meant replace the body.....4K ish. I have the same coverage as my car and is under the umbrella so the deductible was 500. My annual cost for 2 carts is 120.00 through The Villages Insurance
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2018, 08:10 PM
784caroline 784caroline is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,431
Default

Considerating most drivers do not have proper (or any golf cart ) insurance, highly suggest uninsured/ underinsurance coverage.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2018, 08:24 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Had a similar incident two years ago, cart body is fiberglass which meant replace the body.....4K ish. I have the same coverage as my car and is under the umbrella so the deductible was 500. My annual cost for 2 carts is 120.00 through The Villages Insurance
Our annual for two carts was also relatively low, at $135. However, we just got the renewal bill and it skyrocketed to $200. And we never had any reason to file a claim, so that can't be the reason for the increase. Not happy with the bait and switch game the insurance provider plays.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2018, 09:08 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 4,780
Default

Also, consider if your cart can go over 20 MPH, it is considered a LSV (Low speed Vehicle) and actually requires a license and essentially CAR insurance. If you have an accident and the police check your golf cart speed, you can expect several hundred dollars in fines, etc.
While I do not know what your insurance company would do, I can guess they would deny coverage if it can go over 20 MPH.
As for the costs, I agree with the info above.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
Reply With Quote
Golf Cart Insurance
  #7  
Old 11-25-2018, 12:00 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 854
Default Golf Cart Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Also, consider if your cart can go over 20 MPH, it is considered a LSV (Low speed Vehicle) and actually requires a license and essentially CAR insurance. If you have an accident and the police check your golf cart speed, you can expect several hundred dollars in fines, etc.
While I do not know what your insurance company would do, I can guess they would deny coverage if it can go over 20 MPH.
As for the costs, I agree with the info above.


That (over 20mph even 21 or 22 which is no different WRT legality) would include probably 90% of the golf carts here.

That being said, mine is registered & plated as a lsv/street legal and insurance is around $450 with no collision but max liability. Before it was s/l it was $65 (no collision) from Foremost. Expensive but a still cheaper than a 2nd car at $1000+. We put over 5000 miles a year on it. When we need to leave the bubble we take our car.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-25-2018, 12:08 PM
ureout ureout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 483
Default

it's also best to get a separate policy for your golf cart only-- I would advise to never get a rider added on to your home-owners policy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-25-2018, 12:51 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry C View Post
Like I said in the other thread, we are newbies.

Do you guys get insurance for your golf carts? Liability is pretty inexpensive and comp/collision is more than twice as much. What do you opt for? Any suggestions for companies?

While it is not required by law you should have AT LEAST liability to cover injury or property damage to others. A golf cart can still kill someone. Any other coverage is up to you. Cost depends on value of cart and coverage you get. Liability/PD is CHEAP. Don't be a fool and regret it when you hear from this guy: Our Office Locations - Dan Newlin Injury Attorneys
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:08 PM
jimmer jimmer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Can anybody help with a recommendation for an insurance company for a LSV (low speed vehicle).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
golf, insurance, pretty, inexpensive, comp/collision

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.