Golf Cart Insurance hike

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2022, 01:33 PM
Default Insurance

I just got a quote for 2 carts from "The Villages" at about $330 a year. Went to Progressive site directly and can cover both carts for $137 a year. Big difference was in the TV quote (by default) running nearly every coverage at 2x or more of what I asked Progressive for.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Annual premium costs are irrelevant unless you state exactly what coverages you have on your cart. Without that information, there is no way to compare premiums with others posting.

At $125 for two carts you have minimal coverage and you are most likely are underinsured. You should have liability limits the same as your auto policies. In addition, you need uninsured and underinsured coverage in the event you may get hit by an at fault 91 year old driving a Mercedes. Also need to consider comprehensive and collision on the cart considering the age and value. Any deductible on the cart would also affect the rate.

Any posts lacking the coverage information are pretty much useless for comparison purposes.
Well said!
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, golf, hike, cart, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.