GPS work in TV

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM

I bought one of the Garmin units that has lifetime maps. We live off of Bailey Trail but the GPS has us turn left at the first round-about, into St James, rather than coming on up to the second one and a left on Bailey Trail. So, bottom line, they all have their quirks. I have noticed that Google maps has this area updated, not too old at all. A friend had a bird cage put in less than 2 months ago and it is on there. Many of the new houses in St James are there also. Just thought I'd throw that in for what it is worth. My fire hydrant is very visible...
Old 04-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Default Take 5 bucks

Would be great if the management of TV would get special program for gps or iPhone or iPad Tv app that would integrate the daily schedule into the app, culd be for the golf carts,rather than gps now is for cars, be able to upgrade with all the changes in an instant.....that would be better than charging 5$ for a map that costs them less than a penny to produce,,,try to sell me 250,000$ home and u make me buy a map,,,kinda like charging for the soap in the restroom ...not good,,,,kinda sets a odd tone
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield illinois View Post
My GPS is a Garmin 255w, I have updated the maps,, I was wanting it to work in the Golf Cart,, we are doing our first visit to TV. If I would just listen to my wife,,, she tells me where to go all the time,, I just dont listen,, so we both now let the GPS guide us
thanks to all for the prompt replies
Our 255W, updated December of 2010, worked just fine in TV over the winter, for all but the very newest areas. We used it in the golf cart many times (used the bean-bag Garmin holder). Hint: you can also use it for a speedometer so you won't get pinched for going too fast in your golf cart.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 05-03-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
Speaking of using a gps in TV I was told that when you plot a route in TV that you should use the "shortest distance" instead of "fastest". I've used "fastest" a couple of times and the routes it recommends were really out of the way.

John
When we last visited the device we had somehow didn't accept the street I input and gave us directions to get to 'The Villages'. We arrived late on a Saturday night and, instead of ending up at our hotel, it stopped on a side street with an open field and announced, "You have arrived at your destination". Pretty funny.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.