Groceries and Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2021, 07:16 AM

I use my golf cart for grocery shopping as do many others. I love that I can go to grocery store, doctor, dentist, bank, restaurants, etc. on my cart.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:19 AM

We bring the reusable shopping bags with us and you can fit 4 of the large ones in the back where the golf clubs go and thread the handles through the golf bag straps.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:32 AM

as a single woman just don't expect to find a MAN; The Villages is loaded with people like us
Old 01-13-2021, 07:46 AM

My neighborhood has a couple of houses for sale we are close to Mulberry Shopping center, Walgreens, Pep Boys, Citizen Bank plenty of eating places Sammy's Joe's Beef O'Bradys Subway. Nice quit and active neighborhood is Greenwood.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:54 AM
Default This solves all your issues.

Check one of these out. FM radio, A/C, heating, power windows, seatbelts, storage and more used about $7000, new $15000 +. With Lithium batteries as of Feb. Over 80 hours per charge. This solves all your concerns. I hope you are very happy here.👍
httpss://www.atomiccoolkartz.com/
Old 01-13-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,686 Times in 5,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
I wouldn"t say the are "dozens" of Publix here. There are alot in the Villages, accessible by golf cart, but hardly dozens
I counted 8 Publix stores.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:09 AM

I have a Yamaha gas cart that they now make with a cooler on the side and a large, hard side, lockable storage bin on the back. Great for shopping - holds everything we need.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpefloral View Post
We love being on the historic side because nearly everything is easily accessed by golf cart ...groceries, clothing, medical, hardware, restaurants. We have an older large suitcase on the back of our cart, strapped in, that works fantastic for groceries and other things (bags, insulated cooler, jackets, bungees...). Others use a wide variety of adaptations. We do not golf but find it much easier to use the cart than the car & more fun.
It is okay as long as you don't mind having to drive over that very narrow bridge that goes over highway 441 all the time.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:46 AM

Best area in The Villages is anywhere close to all the shopping and restaurants along 466.You will be 5 minutes from home in any direction so your Ice Cream won't melt. In this area you will want for absolutely nothing. You will even have The Villages Library very close by. Another huge plus is your bond "infrastructure cost" will be at zero or very low. Use a non Villages realtor as they will show you everything in this area that is pre-owned.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:48 AM

Visit and try it out first. Depending on your likes and dislikes it is primarily a couples life style. If you are someone use to making friends alone and doing activities you may love it. Recently widowed? Take your time in making changes. Often most will say no major changes till after the first year. Support systems are in place where you live. You will be changing everything with no one familiar. Yes a new life is wonderful but do your homework first. And come visit for a while.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,686 Times in 5,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyj View Post
Hello,
I have been researching The Villages as a place to relocate to. I am recently widowed, in my early 60s, and looking for a fresh start in a different part of Florida (I'm currently living in SW Florida). I love that golf carts are a primary way of getting around the area, but my question is about going grocery shopping at the supermarkets. I'm not that familiar with golf carts (nope - not a golfer here) but was wondering if they have a storage area or someplace to put your groceries in while you drive back home. Or do most people just drive their car to the markets and keep their groceries cool in the A/C?
Thanks for you help -
I would suggest that you don't buy a golf cart right away. You can rent a cart by the week or month to see how you like it. I found that a car is much safer, faster, and more comfortable than a golf cart. Before I moved here, I thought that a golf cart would be great, but I never bought one and never will. My main issue is that you need to share many roads with cars and trucks. In my opinion, it's not a safe way to travel.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

There are mesh bags that can be attached to where the golf bags would normally go. They are easy to attach and can hold a lot
Old 01-13-2021, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

good luck ! -- there are at least 4 -6 places to shop for food here . if your 5 -10 minutes from home I wouldn't worry about a cooler myself. I would defineately wait a few months to buy a golf cart. See where you go first ... many people drive one or the other . 80% of what you need s available here but some department stores, doctors - etc are to far to be comfortable in a cart .

Quote:
Hello,
I have been researching The Villages as a place to relocate to. I am recently widowed, in my early 60s, and looking for a fresh start in a different part of Florida (I'm currently living in SW Florida). I love that golf carts are a primary way of getting around the area, but my question is about going grocery shopping at the supermarkets. I'm not that familiar with golf carts (nope - not a golfer here) but was wondering if they have a storage area or someplace to put your groceries in while you drive back home. Or do most people just drive their car to the markets and keep their groceries cool in the A/C?
Thanks for you help -
Old 01-13-2021, 10:00 AM

When you buy your cart, tell them you want the grocery bag. It hooks in the back where clubs go. I use it to take my things to pool etc. also!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Hello,
Thanks for you help -
We shop most often with a golf cart. We have the nylon bag which carries quite a bit. We have had no trouble gettting frozen goods home although we live only 2 miles from the grocery.
There are soft sided freezer bags available as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
groceries, golf, carts, florida, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.