groups

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Gold member
Default groups

My husband is a dentist, retiring soon (hopefully....very hard to retire from this profession, he's incredibly loyal to his patients and loves his work)..anyway, are there groups of other professionals such as retired dentists? He can't practice in Florida but it would be nice for him to have others he can relate to.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage

Hi Trish - Welcome to TOTV!!!

I don't have the answer to your question but I wanted to pass along a thought. One of the things Sandy and I have found to be most interesting about TV (and TOTV as well, actually) is meeting and getting acquainted with people with whom we have nothing in common background-wise, be it careers, where we've lived most of our lives, and so on. Intriguing to meet people in TV who come from all walks of life. Many people tend to leave their "work lives" behind them and focus on all the enjoyment that TV has to offer......

Again, welcome to TOTV!!

Bill
Old 05-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Sage

Hi Trish,

On our street we had three retired dentists at one point. They were active in so many other things, they golfed with the group of men from our street, they attended our socials, as well as whatever else they did here in the community. Two have moved away, but one still is with us... We have retired nurses, dietitians, and a pediatrician, (as well as many who worked for the government, their state, various companies or organizations, themselves, etc).....and as much as they enjoyed "giving" to their patients, they've learned a new way of giving, here in TV...charities, helping at the Charter Schools, helping at their churches, etc. If there are groups that meet, I'm not aware of them. If he would like to organize a group, he'll have that option.

When you get here, you might find that life is different. So many people have had interesting careers and life experiences that you'll enjoy hearing about. Life will be about what you are now, and not what you were or did. Hubby was in health care, too, and he loved his patients, but it was time to retire and enjoy some leisure time...and he does!

Last edited by pooh; 05-30-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage

All the dentists I have ever known were engaged in some kind of artistic hobby - whether painting, sculpting, making models, whatever. I guess dentists are naturally good with their hands and have fine eye-hand coordination, plus it's relaxing to create things. There are so many opportunities here for beginners in the arts - lessons at the Villages college, clubs, shows. And I'm sure your husband would meet other dentists. Just a thought.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Gold member

Thank you so much for your quick (and informative!) responses. We haven't decided what to do yet, as a matter of fact, we just learned about the Villages on a recent cruise, a tablemate we had at dinner lives there. Since coming back, I have been researching and hopefully we will make the trip down there to see for ourselves. Again, thank you!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.