Gym at rec center.

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2021, 10:10 AM
Default Gym at rec center.

Hi all,
Looking for a basic gym maybe hidden in a rec center? Mulberry has a nice one, but don’t want to take out a loan to workout. I know about the outdoor locations. Must be a basic gym facility here somewhere? Did a search, nothing. Hope someone has found a gem like this.
Thanks!
Bud
Old 01-26-2021, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI401 View Post
Hi all,
Looking for a basic gym maybe hidden in a rec center? Mulberry has a nice one, but don’t want to take out a loan to workout. I know about the outdoor locations. Must be a basic gym facility here somewhere? Did a search, nothing. Hope someone has found a gem like this.
Thanks!
Bud
The indoor rec center gyms charge a fee.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks!
Bud
Village Community Development Districts

The Regional Rec Centers such a Mulberry, Laurel Manor, Seabreeze and Colony Cottage have the gyms as you have seen, they're only $363 a year for a single membership. That's reasonable. I was paying $63 a month to go to MVP at Brownwood, about 20 times bigger with organized classes. However, when I turned 65 and my United Health Medicare Advantage plan picked up the tab, can't beat free.

If you want go outside TV, there is To Your Health in Lady Lake on 27/441 across from Oakwood BBQ. They can be as low as $20 a month with a credit card, but that's still $240 a year and you drive over there and workout alongside younger working people. There are several Anytime Fitness Centers on the fringe of TV, they are cheaper and you get a key and can go anytime, although it may be a bit risky late at night. If you don't mind driving, there is Planet Fitness in Leesburg for as low as $10 a month. Nothing is free unless you have moved to Stonecrest or Del Webb North, then they give away free amenities to get people to buy there.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks!
Bud
My husband keeps all the bushes trimmed around the house and destroys the weeds in the planting beds. He repairs the broken things in the sprinkler system. I run the sweeper and dust the blinds and sweep out the garage and wipe off the cabinets and well....now...I need to exercise more but I am not going to a gym when there is a pandemic going on...and probably not after it's over either...sigh.

Sorry. This isn't what you asked is it? There is a price to use the gym in Laurel Manor Rec center where we usually go when we are not trying to stay alive. I use the Art Room and have managed to not use the gym but I have friends who will live longer because THEY use the gym. And Orange Blossom Baby uses the exercise equipment outside somewhere in the Historic Section.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:18 PM

Planet Fitness in Leesburg about 15 minutes from me in DeSoto, $10/month. Lots of equipment not many people there at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Planet fitness in Leesburg is he best place, the price is under $10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Village Community Development Districts

The Regional Rec Centers such a Mulberry, Laurel Manor, Seabreeze and Colony Cottage have the gyms as you have seen, they're only $363 a year for a single membership. That's reasonable. I was paying $63 a month to go to MVP at Brownwood, about 20 times bigger with organized classes. However, when I turned 65 and my United Health Medicare Advantage plan picked up the tab, can't beat free.

If you want go outside TV, there is To Your Health in Lady Lake on 27/441 across from Oakwood BBQ. They can be as low as $20 a month with a credit card, but that's still $240 a year and you drive over there and workout alongside younger working people. There are several Anytime Fitness Centers on the fringe of TV, they are cheaper and you get a key and can go anytime, although it may be a bit risky late at night. If you don't mind driving, there is Planet Fitness in Leesburg for as low as $10 a month. Nothing is free unless you have moved to Stonecrest or Del Webb North, then they give away free amenities to get people to buy there.
a month , but that isn’t the reason I’m going there . I go because it’s very big inside lots of equipment, I never have to wait to do anything , I miss my friends at mvp but my workouts are faster and better , mvp is great if you do the classes but I do all my aerobic work out side winter and summer after I leave gym also I do my gym between 12 and 2 and very few people in place
Old 01-27-2021, 05:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Hi all,
Thanks!
Bud
I go to the indoor gym at Laurel Manor Recreation Center, at the corner of 466 and Buena Vista. It has excellent new machines. I don’t go as often as I should. I pay $5 per visit, which saves me a lot over a year’s subscription. Masks are required. I also wear new gloves the entire time. I usually have the place pretty much to myself. I only use the weight machines, never the treadmills, and I don’t think they offer any classes.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:19 AM

Too Your Health Spa on the 441 in Lady Lake. Villages Healthcare pays your membership.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Default Planey Fitness Leesburg

I also used Planet Fitness Leesburg pre pandemic. I will be going back after my second shot. They are open 24-7 and do have a few classes. .
Old 01-27-2021, 07:05 AM

Thanks for the info on United and joining MVP. I was so excited to get my membership for free.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:28 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Check your insurance. They may pay for a particular exercise company. Mine does.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Whether you get a gym for free or if it cost you let’s say $700 it is still less then $2 a day the Best Buy for your health and well being you’ll ever get . I’m 82 and a lot of broken bones , you wouldn’t know it to look at me bevy I’ve always kept moving
Old 01-27-2021, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

R1401....are you on Medicare? If so, United Healthcare supplement offers free gym membership at MVP gyms.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:28 AM
Veteran member

My heart has only so many beats built into it. I don't want to use them up too soon, so I don't exercise. That way I'll live longer.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:36 AM
Default Silver Sneakers

See if your insurance plan has Silver Sneakers or similar . MVP accepts it & it’s free.😎
Closed Thread

Tags
gym, rec, center, basic, outdoor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.