Has anyone recently used Upack (trailer) for moving

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2022, 06:18 PM
Default Has anyone recently used Upack (trailer) for moving

Wondering how you experience was, and is the trailer allowed for a one day move in? Thanks in advance
Old 03-25-2022, 11:22 AM

Well I hope they worked out for you! We're using them for our move on 2 weeks.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamacaru View Post
Wondering how you experience was, and is the trailer allowed for a one day move in? Thanks in advance
I used a full trailer and it worked out very well for myself. Upack gives you 3 days to load and unload and you're able to lock load with your own locks. My goods traveled 3/4 across country and it took them approximately 10 days...you might have 3 or 4 different drivers that carry your load from 1 city to the next. ABF (upack) has 24hr secured transit stations throughout the US so your load never stays overnight at a motel, etc. Hope that helps.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,242 Posts

Used it and similar several times, worked great.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

We used them last year. Full trailer from about 60 miles north of Seattle to The Villages. They sent the trailer down to Portland and put it on a train to Atlanta. Atlanta to Ocala by truck then delivered to our house. It got across the country in 6 days. The Ocala terminal was very backed up at the time and I imagine they still are. We were very flexible which worked out for them and us. Great people to work with especially at the Ocala terminal.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-26-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We used them last year. Full trailer from about 60 miles north of Seattle to The Villages. They sent the trailer down to Portland and put it on a train to Atlanta. Atlanta to Ocala by truck then delivered to our house. It got across the country in 6 days. The Ocala terminal was very backed up at the time and I imagine they still are. We were very flexible which worked out for them and us. Great people to work with especially at the Ocala terminal.
Thanks and Semper Fi, brother.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:31 AM
Location: Rhode Island native now full time resident of St Johns.

Have not used this service but am currently using PODs. A 16' POD just left my driveway yesterday packed to the gills and another 8' was delivered as we just could not get everything in the 16'. My husband is a disabled Vet and we got a 20% discount for that so the price was not bad, certainly much less than using a moving company. The PODs are going from R.I. to The Villages.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamacaru View Post
I used UPACK last summer and was very pleased. I changed my move date 3 times and they happily accommodated. After loading, they came to pick up the trailer when I called and came to pick up the empty trailer as soon as it was unloaded (dispatched out of Ocala). I used Village Mover to unload and they, too were awesome. If you live here in a newer neighborhood, your neighbors have all recently moved in, so are very tolerant of the trailer, but it ended up being in the street only a few hours. Less than $600 for 4/5 of a trailer from the midwest. Would use them again in a heartbeat, but I'm never leaving The Villages.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:07 PM

Mine are currently in storage, closing on May 18th. Fingers crossed, however the positive responses are encouraging.
Old 04-16-2022, 07:47 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I used POD coming to The Villages. Packed and unloaded ourselves. First move we ever made where nothing was broken, damaged or lost.
Closed Thread

Tags
trailer, move, day, allowed, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.