Health care in the time of COVID

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Default Health care in the time of COVID

We are considering moving to The Villages this spring. Here in Northern Virginia we have excellent free heath care provided by the nearby Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Medicare and Tricare for Life as a retired veteran..

We were diagnosed with COVID on 12/28 and reported positive on 12/29.

Yesterday symptoms increased and we went to the nearby Fort Belvoir Community Hospital ER. It was not crowded and we were seen almost immediately. We received excellent care for 5 hours, getting chest xrays, blood tests, CA scan and urinalysis. We were discharged with some new prescriptions.

QUESTION: how does this compare with the treatment we can expect at The Villages?
Old 01-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Sage

not even close
Old 01-10-2021, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
We are considering moving to The Villages this spring. Here in Northern Virginia we have excellent free heath care provided by the nearby Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Medicare and Tricare for Life as a retired veteran..

We were diagnosed with COVID on 12/28 and reported positive on 12/29.

Yesterday symptoms increased and we went to the nearby Fort Belvoir Community Hospital ER. It was not crowded and we were seen almost immediately. We received excellent care for 5 hours, getting chest xrays, blood tests, CA scan and urinalysis. We were discharged with some new prescriptions.

QUESTION: how does this compare with the treatment we can expect at The Villages?
Hard to say, the UF Hospital here has expanded by establishing a stand alone ER in addition to the one they have at their two hospitals. In addition there is another stand alone ER associated with the UF Hospitals in Gainesville. I have a couple retired military in the neighborhood who have Tricare for life and are in the Villages Health Care System and are pleased with the care they are given both by their doctors and the hospitals. My wife and I have had a couple surgeries at the UF Hospital in The Villages and have only high marks for their care. Neighbors have had the same experience with the UF Hospital in Leesburg and Gainesville. Personally, I would not use this site to make my decisions (this is a love/hate subject), I suggest either call to discuss (they have good resources to talk to about insurance) and if possible, next time you visit take a tour.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-10-2021, 11:23 AM
John41

The Villages Hospital had been given the lowest ranking by Medicare a few years ago. Maybe they have improved after a merger. However there are very good hospitals within a 20 mile radius.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, excellent, hospital, community, belvoir

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.