Health Food Stores

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Default Health Food Stores

Hi All,

I'm a new home owner and would like to find stores in or around The Villages that carry Organic produce and alternative medicine.

Any feed back is much appreciated.

Bonnie
Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Default Re: Health Food Stores

Both Publix and SweetBay have organic sections. I do most of my shopping at Wal-Mart, but honestly don't remember an organic section there. I did recently buy organic peanut butter and ketchup at Wal-Mart, so they do carry some organic items, but I don't remember ever noticing a section devoted only to organics.

There is a Fresh Market being built on 466. They're awesome, if you're not familiar with them. They have lots of organics.

As for alternative meds, I don't know about them. Maybe someone else can help you there.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Veteran member

The health food store near Publix on the Sp. Springs side has quite a few items, and the staff seems knowledgeable. I understand they also have a store in Leesburg which carrys more food items; haven't been there yet. It's on 27 a block or so after 441 turns east.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Thank you so much for your responses. I come from Ma. where there is Wild Oats and several grocery chains that cater to people who prefer to buy organic food. It's a little more expensive but much healthier!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.