Health Insurance, pre-condition

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 AM

Do not know if you were refering to my previous post but the website I mentioned earlier is the offical site for healthcare for the US Goverment, this covers the options for pre existing conditions before 2014 and after 2014. You can search the options available to all by state. This should help the orginl poster find answers to the question.

http://www.healthcare.gov/
Old 04-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljones190 View Post
Do not know if you were refering to my previous post but the website I mentioned earlier is the offical site for healthcare for the US Goverment, this covers the options for pre existing conditions before 2014 and after 2014. You can search the options available to all by state. This should help the orginl poster find answers to the question.

http://www.healthcare.gov/

I do not think Mr. Tony was talking about your post. I think there might have been another post that has been removed.

I, too, had been looking for something that might help answer questions that had been asked in this thread.. I had looked at aarp.org and kiplinger.com but what I found there was more of an overall big picture presentation of the facts of timelines and changes. While that general info could be helpful, the link you provide here is far better.

With a little pointing and clicking around the site in your link to healthcare.gov, someone could begin to answer some questions they might have without wading through the taint of political interpretation that is out there in so many places.

Although I have never been without insurance, I have great concern for those who cannot access affordable, good coverage so I was trying to find a link that could help to sort out some things as applicable to individual situations -- without bogging down in politically motivated spin.

The link you provided supplies pure information in more detail than what I could find. It looks to me like healthcare.gov could really help someone who needs to get the facts as they apply personally. Thank you for providing that link.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 04-21-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Good morning, Ijones,

I do not think Mr. Tony was talking about your post. I think there might have been another post that has been removed.

I, too, had been looking for something that might help answer questions that had been asked in this thread.. I had looked at aarp.org and kiplinger.com but what I found there was more of an overall big picture presentation of the facts of timelines and changes. While that general info could be helpful, the link you provide here is far better.

With a little pointing and clicking around the site in your link to healthcare.gov, someone could begin to answer some questions they might have without wading through the taint of political interpretation that is out there in so many places.

Although I have never been without insurance, I have great concern for those who cannot access affordable, good coverage so I was trying to find a link that could help to sort out some things as applicable to individual situations -- without bogging down in politically motivated spin.

The link you provided supplies pure information in more detail than what I could find. It looks to me like healthcare.gov could really help someone who needs to get the facts as they apply personally. Thank you for providing that link.

Boomer
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Your Welcome Boomer and Katezbox. Healthcare choices are difficult and it is costly, lets hope we stay healthy. It gives me some motivation to get in better shape, lose some weight and get more active. My wife always says to look for the positives in everything you do. Good advise.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Red face

My apologies to everyone. The administrator was right, and I got off topic from the original question from the first posting regarding Florida and pre-existing conditions. My bad.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:20 AM

I agree with others that first you need to call BC in your state. However, I will say having just gone through this process, BC doesn't want you and you may very well experience a sequence of incompetence and late notices etc. Basically the way I understand it works, once you move and notify BC in your home state that you have moved, they will then send you a notice of cancellation and advice of your rights to a Conversion policy. They send that to BC of Florida. Then BC of Florida sends you an application which you must complete and submit with a tight time frame. Your premiums have to be paid up in your home state for around two months first. Our experience was they delayed at every step of the way but they would not waive any filing date requirements if you missed the dates. So, lesson to learn, know the process, follow up at EVERY step and you may get the BC of Florida coverage. It is not an HSA and actually for us was slightly cheaper. Good Luck
Old 05-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Default Cobra is now 36 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Two ways come to mind. If you have BCBS through an employee group you can continue in that group for up to 18 months through COBRA, at your expense. If you hve single coverge (or group coverage for that matter) you will get a Certificate of Credible Coverage from BCBS and that will eliminate pre existing coverage issues through HIPAA. In either event contact BCBS and tell them of your situation. Good luck.
Just went to a retirement seminar in Fishkill, NY. Cobra is now 36 months.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Veteran member
Default Cobra

I think In NY only cobra is now 36 months

Here is a link that gives more info on Cobra.

http://www.insure.com/articles/healt...obra-tips.html
Old 05-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Gold member
Default Cobra regulations

say that employers have the option of extending Cobra to 36 mos., but must get plans approved. Maybe NY is different.

Of course, if you are divorced, or the covered employee dies, you are covered for up to 36 mos., and I think there are a few other exceptions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.