Hello Everyone: (Very First Post)

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:41 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,155
Thanks: 2,848
Thanked 2,422 Times in 886 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Welcome Cobalt.

Move down soon.

Remember, this is NOT a dress rehearsal.

Life is short and all that stuff.

You will love it I am sure!
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #17  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:43 PM
wendyquat's Avatar
wendyquat wendyquat is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,572
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Welcome Newbies

Welcome to TOTV where I have learned 99.9% of what I know about TV! Ever grateful for all the help!
  #18  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Cobalt,

Thanks for joining TOTV and introducing your fun, friendly self. We're glad you're here (TOTV) and will be even gladder when you're here (TV).

  #19  
Old 05-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Uptown Girl's Avatar
Uptown Girl Uptown Girl is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Villages
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Cobalt,

Thanks for joining TOTV and introducing your fun, friendly self. We're glad you're here (TOTV) and will be even gladder when you're here (TV).

DITTO!
  #20  
Old 05-29-2011, 11:00 PM
harbor53 harbor53 is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 83
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The Villages certainly are a Fed retiree mecca. And expect an influx as many of us who can retire - will - ASAP.
  #21  
Old 05-30-2011, 07:35 AM
mcnabb24 mcnabb24 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Question about utilities in Sumter county

We are hopefully going to purchase a home in Sumter county. TV has listed two utility companies: Progress Energy and Sumter Electric Cooperative. Any advice on which one is better for cost, customer service,etc. Thanks.
  #22  
Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Tbugs Tbugs is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Village of Glenbrook in The Villages
Posts: 890
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Jadlos,

What part of Maryland are you in? My wife and I moved to The Villages from Silver Spring and we both are Federal retirees. I worked at the VA and she worked at Dept of Transportation in DC.

Glad to be in The Villages everyday. Hope to meet you.
  #23  
Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 AM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,694
Thanks: 1
Thanked 102 Times in 39 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Cobalt;358256] We plan on taking a 10 day Villages introduction next May.

Cobalt:

to TOTV. All questions can be answered here by our friendly and knowledgable members.

I'm still a wannabee hoping my day will come soon.

One trip will give you to urge to buy something so you may want to bring your checkbook.

It's easy to fall in love with TV. Words cannot describe how wonderful it is.

Keep on posting.
  #24  
Old 05-30-2011, 12:46 PM
jadlos's Avatar
jadlos jadlos is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pinehurst, NC now: The Village of Tamarind Grove
Posts: 61
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Jadlos,

What part of Maryland are you in? My wife and I moved to The Villages from Silver Spring and we both are Federal retirees. I worked at the VA and she worked at Dept of Transportation in DC.

Glad to be in The Villages everyday. Hope to meet you.
Hi Tbugs,

We both lived near and worked for the Social Security Admin. in Woodlawn. We took early retirement in 1991 and moved to Pinehurst where we've been for the past 20 years. (I'm originally from Baltimore; my husband hails from upstate NY).
Our move to TV will occur on June 29th and we are so excited and anxious to make new friends.
  #25  
Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 AM
Forsyth Forsyth is offline
Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default thinking about renting or buying

You're the second person I've mentioned this to tonight. My courtyard villa is beautiful, I just paid for extensive landscaping last week. Moved in Jan 2010, husband died Oct 2010, I'm not smiling much anymore. I don't like my job. Bills are tight. Family is up north. Would rent or sell with almost all interiors and gas golf cart. Pennecamp. Wonderful, kind, young neighbors. Close to Seabreeze and to Lake Miona and FishHawk. PM if you're interested. reesie18@hotmail.com
__________________

WV, VA, and lots of little sidetrips along the way to The Villages!
  #26  
Old 06-14-2011, 03:59 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,155
Thanks: 2,848
Thanked 2,422 Times in 886 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsyth View Post
You're the second person I've mentioned this to tonight. My courtyard villa is beautiful, I just paid for extensive landscaping last week. Moved in Jan 2010, husband died Oct 2010, I'm not smiling much anymore. I don't like my job. Bills are tight. Family is up north. Would rent or sell with almost all interiors and gas golf cart. Pennecamp. Wonderful, kind, young neighbors. Close to Seabreeze and to Lake Miona and FishHawk. PM if you're interested. reesie18@hotmail.com
Feel this hug and sincerest sympathy. I hope that your burden lessens over time and you find comfort closer to family.

Kindest wishes,

Gracie
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #27  
Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 AM
ssmith ssmith is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default to Forsyth

OOOOh Forsyth, I do hear your pain on your post. Sooo sorry for your situation. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
__________________
I don't know what the future holds but I do know Who holds the future.
  #28  
Old 06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
jojo's Avatar
jojo jojo is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amelia
Posts: 1,716
Thanks: 50
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb24 View Post
We are hopefully going to purchase a home in Sumter county. TV has listed two utility companies: Progress Energy and Sumter Electric Cooperative. Any advice on which one is better for cost, customer service,etc. Thanks.
I don't think you have a choice. My guess is that SEC serves the area where you are but hopefully someone else can confirm.
__________________
Columbus OH, The Villages - Amelia
  #29  
Old 06-14-2011, 01:41 PM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,694
Thanks: 1
Thanked 102 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Feel this hug and sincerest sympathy. I hope that your burden lessens over time and you find comfort closer to family.

Kindest wishes,

Gracie
Forsyth:

I have the same thoughts as Gracie. My condolences to you on the loss of your beloved husband.
  #30  
Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 PM
cherylncliff's Avatar
cherylncliff cherylncliff is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Portage, MI; soon Buttonwood!
Posts: 225
Thanks: 46
Thanked 36 Times in 17 Posts
Default Welcome

Cobalt-- As former Hoosiers and current Michiganders soon to be Frogs, we would like to welcome you. We are also avid cruisers. There is a cruise in Feb being organized by the MI Shoreliners club but any and all are welcome to "come aboard!". PM us if interested in details.
__________________
CherylnCliff
IN., CA., MI.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.