Hello Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbluk View Post
We just purchased a lot in Desoto. Coming in May to pick what we want in our new home. I do have a question. We currently live on a golf course and own our own electric golf cart. What do I need to do to our cart so we can drive on the paths and streets in TV. I am sure this has probably been ask before but I could not find it on this site. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Here you go.

Golf Cart Requirements | The Villages Florida
Old 03-21-2018, 04:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
We just purchased a lot in Desoto. Coming in May to pick what we want in our new home. I do have a question. We currently live on a golf course and own our own electric golf cart. What do I need to do to our cart so we can drive on the paths and streets in TV. I am sure this has probably been ask before but I could not find it on this site. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
You can retrofit your cart for Villages use, but I would suggest you might be better served to sell your current cart up there and buy a new or a used cart that is already Villages ready. There are always numerous used carts for sale in the Villages and nearby, and many are very good buys.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Location: Pikesville,Md., Belgrade, Me., Austin, Tx., El Paso, Tx., Midland, Tx., Fort Collins, Co., Fenney

After 8 states, 3 time zones, 6 days on the road, 2,000 miles, in a Prius with a dog, we finally arrived a week ago. Still waiting for our household goods, so we’re camping in our new house. Glad to help fill in the neighborhood.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Most carts in TV have lights, turn signals, horn, brake lights, speedomoter, and full curtains for those sudden showers and storms. The curtains aren't a requirement of course. Not sure which of the other things are required or optional. The cart that is provided at my rental is a Villages Carts purchased cart and it doesn't have a speedometer on it.

The thing you may find challenging is that the speed limit for carts is 20mph. Anything above that and you can be ticketed and fined for operating an unlicensed vehicle. However, in many cases, anything below 20 and you could get runover. There are some villagers out there that have hotrod'd their carts to go above 20 and they don't bring a lot of patience into their retirement. I owned 2 electric carts before moving down here. Both were lifted with bigger tires and neither would go 20 without having some work done to them by an authorized dealer. Some do have electric carts here but it is a big place that is getting bigger and electric is becoming less practical the further you want to go. That won't be an issue in Fenney, though, for another year and a half when the golf cart trails, bridges, and tunnels connect Fenney to the rest of TV. An electric might be a good option for a second cart for making short and local runs or maybe a round of golf, but a gas cart is really the way to go here.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

welcome, we bought here last May, ran back and forth,, full time since early November and have enjoyed every day down here.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airis2thick View Post
After 8 states, 3 time zones, 6 days on the road, 2,000 miles, in a Prius with a dog, we finally arrived a week ago. Still waiting for our household goods, so we’re camping in our new house. Glad to help fill in the neighborhood.
Welcome to TV. We are closing on our Fenney home week after next. We have a rental in Dunedin through the end of June but I doubt we'll wait that long to get completely moved in.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Welcome to TV. We are closing on our Fenney home week after next. We have a rental in Dunedin through the end of June but I doubt we'll wait that long to get completely moved in.
Congrats all around!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Great move. Welcome, you're going to love it here.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:47 AM

Go to villageoffenney.com. This is a general website for everyone in Fenney. There will be links to Fenney East , West and South. Find where you are on the map and there is a website only for Villagers who live in that geographic area. The reason they broke it down to geographic areas is because when there are events, the Rec Center can only hold so many people and not enough room for everyone.
We just closed on our home. We are in Fenney East. Sign up for $10.00 and it has a wealth of information and blog just for your geographic area!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:52 AM

Go to villageoffenney.com. It is a general website just for people who live in Fenney. It is further broken down into geographic areas of Fenney East, West and South. It has a wealth of information and a blog. It cost $10.00 to join and is exclusive just to your geographic area. We are in Fenney East. Just closed on our home May 2nd!

Last edited by Brandigirl; 05-09-2018 at 07:55 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 05-09-2018, 08:00 AM

Sorry for duplicate message. I am not the best with computers and this site if hard for me to navigate. Not really sure how to post correctly!
Old 05-09-2018, 08:36 AM
Sage

Can somebody give me a link for patio villas for sale in Finney? For some reason I can't sort for them on any site.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Can somebody give me a link for patio villas for sale in Finney? For some reason I can't sort for them on any site.
That's most likely because there are none available. If you go to TV homefinder site and click the "More" drop-down, you can select Patio Villas series as on option. But doing that does not show any listed in Fenney. If you zoom in on Fenney on the map view on that site, I see only 1 Villa available for sale and it looks like a CY Villa. If you are looking in that area, just keep close tabs on when they open Villas up for sale in the areas they are starting to build out now to the east and north of Fenney.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
That's most likely because there are none available. If you go to TV homefinder site and click the "More" drop-down, you can select Patio Villas series as on option. But doing that does not show any listed in Fenney. If you zoom in on Fenney on the map view on that site, I see only 1 Villa available for sale and it looks like a CY Villa. If you are looking in that area, just keep close tabs on when they open Villas up for sale in the areas they are starting to build out now to the east and north of Fenney.
thank-you
Old 06-12-2018, 09:08 PM

We will be your next door neighbor. We bought a house in Desoto and are closing first week of July. We're very excited about our new home!!
Closed Thread

Tags
house, fenney, colorado, ago, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.