Hello from Lori

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Thx for sharing Antrim Dells video. So much to consider and so much to take in and absorb
Lori
Old 07-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
Hello. I want to be a Villager and starting to look. I visited 10 years ago but decided too young to retire and continued with life/work for 10 more years. Now it is time to enjoy and spend my hard earned $$$ on me before I am too old to enjoy life.

As you all know RETIREMENT is a big decision. MOVING is a traumatic event. What to keep, what to get rid of and why did I buy that in the first place ?

Can't wait to get a snazzy dazzy golf cart. Can't wait to look at courtyard villas. Must have a fence yard for the big dog.

The easy part if picking out a house - the hard part is knowing where to live. I don't know one Village from another.

I was thinking of getting a re-sale but I want my own choice of colors, flooring etc so either I need a concrete block Villa at a Do Over price of a new once as long as I can pick out my own colors, flooring, cabinets etc.

A lot to think about and appreciate all the input, ideas, the sharing and the caring.

Lori
Welcome, Lori.

My wife and I visited four or five times before we purchased a home. We wanted to see how we might live once here. We purchased about half way between Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing because we could see that we would spend a lot of time "living" in that part of the villages. We wanted new but instead we purchased a 12 year-old home and *completely* remodeled it to our own taste. It was certainly the right approach for us.

Best of luck in your decision and once again, congratulations and welcome.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thx all for sharing. The fence is important as my dogs are not friendly at all. I would not want to chance it to an invisible fence. A fenced yard is the lazy man's way of walking a dog. Also like the idea of privacy. Are there any SFR that have fences ?

I plan to visit the last Wednesday of this month. Can't wait. Called the agent from 10 years ago - he was so nice & patient - and still working so will stick with him. Can't wait to be an active senior instead of working at my desk all day.

As to courtyard villas - want the most spacious, most cabinets or area to put cabinets, high ceilings, biggest garage - the largest.
We just bought a courtyard villa at Phillips Villas in the most northern part of the Villages. There are still about 70 available. Check out google maps for an overhead picture. Close to everything you need. It was either here or Fenney and we decided we didn't want to wait for the Fenney area to get built up. Check our the Village home finder app to see each villa available and prices.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:30 PM

I found my first home - a CYV at Fenney. The price was better, all new and close to the Turnpike since I still work in Orlando. Will b @ TV part time for now. Driving to the other squares isn't a concern right now so by the time we are full timers, the area should be built up.

Now for the add ons. Choices, choices.
Pool - no pool ?
Hot tub - yes
Pergola - what to do with all that added cement. So much concrete.
thinking of a Pergola instead of a screen room.
Also thinking of stonecrete flooring on the concrete -

Question - what and why did you chose to do with the driveway.
Pavers, Paint ?

I have pavers at my home now to allow for drainage.
We had the concrete removed.

Heard at the villages, it's thin pavers over concrete.

So many decisions.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:24 AM
Sage
Default Congratulations!

Hi Lori,

Congratulations on the purchase of your CYV in the Village of Fenney. Keep posting on TOTV how your home decisions shape up...I love to read about people going from wannabee to resident. Hope your new home brings you many great times.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I found my first home - a CYV at Fenney.
Question - what and why did you chose to do with the driveway.
Pavers, Paint ?

I have pavers at my home now to allow for drainage.
We had the concrete removed.

Heard at the villages, it's thin pavers over concrete.
So many decisions.
If you have a courtyard villa, I don't think you can paint or place pavers on your driveway. Check with your specific deed restrictions.
Closed Thread

Tags
wait, hard, enjoy, flooring, colors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.