Help with power, gas, water, phone and cable provider.

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Default Help with power, gas, water, phone and cable provider.

Hi, This is my first post. We are buying a home patio in The Village of Tall Trees. I have been having trouble getting the above info.
I think they are waiting to see if all goes thru which I understand ....However, I would like to at least know who the providers are and phone numbers so I can at least call them and see what they require to get set up with them. like deposits or if they run credit apps ect.
Can anyone help with this?

Thanks a lot!
Britt
Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The easiest way to get a list of your providers is contact the present homeowners and get their list (also a good way to get a good lawn person).

If you want cable and present homeowners have cable, call ComCast (352/687-2758) and schedule the change. Shouldn't take more than a computer set up and, of course, a charge to you. Ditto SECO (I think that's your power company), etc.

Deposits really depend on your credit rating from what I've seen. I think one of the utility companies requires a deposit (can't remember which, sorry), but it is refunded after 12 months.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

Hi neighbor, we also live in a patio villa in Tall Trees. We will be back to TV next week. Please feel free to stop over and visit. Your companies are SECO and TECO for electric and gas. North Sumter Utility is water, sewer, garbage and recreation fees. We use Comcast for our Cable and internet service. Deans is our bug people and Tri County Landscaping is our lawn service. I am sorry that I do not have any phone numbers for you, but you can probably look up the numbers on the internet. Enjoy the next adventure in your life. It is wonderful!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Gold member

I would give the number below a call. They should have
all the information and numbers you need.

Utilities/Amenities office located at:
3201 Wedgewood Lane
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone: 352-750-0000
Old 01-10-2011, 03:41 PM

Thanks redwitch. In this case I have no contact with the home owner. we are not buying from the home owner. So I wanted to see if any one would know the names and perhaps the phone numbers of the providers to The Village of Tall Trees.
I might be able to do a google seach but I will wait to see if anyone knows first.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 PM

Hey, You all are great! Thanks a lot for taking time out of your day to help me.
That means a lot. Thank you redwitch, 2newyokers and also obxgal.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sounds like you got some good info from 2 and obx.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Gold member

Britt your very welcome and welcome to the Villages. Best of luck in your new home.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Default Power, Gas, Utilities Info

I got all the information (Tel#s, deposits, etc.) for the area specific service providers about 3 weeks in advance from the closing agent.
Ed
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Gold member
Default Tall Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
Hi neighbor, we also live in a patio villa in Tall Trees. We will be back to TV next week. Please feel free to stop over and visit. Your companies are SECO and TECO for electric and gas. North Sumter Utility is water, sewer, garbage and recreation fees. We use Comcast for our Cable and internet service. Deans is our bug people and Tri County Landscaping is our lawn service. I am sorry that I do not have any phone numbers for you, but you can probably look up the numbers on the internet. Enjoy the next adventure in your life. It is wonderful!
Ok I live with 2 newyorkers and would like to also welcome you to the village-- its small but well situated with great people. You can PM me or the better half and we could meet.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.