Help with Woodside model

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Man View Post
If you go to the following site, you can see the plans for any house built in the area, we looked at houses we liked, and then pulled the blueprints of the house up, and we really got a lot of good ideas.
Marion County Building Department-Permitting Inquiry
We built a Woodside and moved in April of this year, after having two other houses, which were Gardinia's , the second one we had stretched the garage , Lanai and bedrooms. What we did not like about the previous home, we made the changes in the new one. The best thing we did was stretch the laundry room by 3 feet wide (my wife calls it butt room), and had cabinets added over the laundry tub, along with recessed lighting, instead of industrial light (like the garage lights). This stretch also added 3 feet to the 4th bedroom and the Lanai, and was one of the cheaper upgrades. We also wanted a Island and a flat counter by the sink area. The second was adding a 4 foot stretch to the garage, and 8 foot garage doors for my Truck. Also insulated the Lanai ceiling and the garage ceiling fo a minimal cost. Good luck
The pictures are beautiful! Thank you so much. I will visit that site.
Old 10-01-2021, 01:05 PM

Is there a different site if you are building in Sumter County?
Old 10-02-2021, 01:57 AM
Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniaBoise View Post
Hi All! I'm very excited as my hubby and I just purchased a lot in Fenney and will be building a Woodside home. The problem is I really don't care for the kitchen and fear I won't be able to adjust the home to have my dream kitchen. The Villages assures me the designers can do it. BUT we are not a bottomless pit of money either.
Question? Anyone that revamped the kitchen in their Woodside home would be so kind to suggest, share picture any advice would be welcomed. We plan the home this coming November. Thank you.
Is it possible for you to consider another model? We built here and had a choice of several models.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:14 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,016 Times in 523 Posts
Default Consider All Models

We purchased a lot with the intent of building a Bridgeport. Our realtor walked us through some model homes before our designer appointment and we fell in love with something we had never considered, a Gardenia. It was never even on the radar. Walking through the homes is EVERYTHING for choices.

I would definitely look at all models before your design appointment!

And don’t worry, the designer can do a lot on your budget I’m sure.

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.” Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by Normal; 10-02-2021 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:24 PM
Default Woodside remodel

I was able to go into a Woodside that was custom designed. The 3rd bedroom was actually in the kitchen with a 3rd full bath. The area where the 3rd bedroom was converted into the kitchen - made it look more like a Linden kitchen design. very cool and extremely livable.
Old 11-16-2021, 12:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I get confused as to why you picked a model that you don’t like and you need it redesigned. Guessing that there are other models that might be better.

Then again my wife and I decided on a model that we liked after looking at dozen and dozen of open houses and then went and found the house we wanted already built.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, kitchen, woodside, revamped, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.