Here for 2 weeks

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Default Vacation/renting in the villages

Don't hesitate to contact me, Doreen @ 513-222-2981 to show you around & set up things for you to do! I've been a resident here for 7 years & my parents had a villa built here 22 years ago...they are snowbirds, here for 6 mos. & back to Iowa for 6 mos. It will take you 1 day to realize that this is "paradise"! I also have many connections & referrals for you to make a good decision, whether you are just vacationing here, renting in the future, or possibly purchasing sometime. Provide your names & phone # by calling or texting me, so I know that it isn't SPAM when it comes through. Enjoy your stay in The Villages, Doreen (iahawki78@gmail.com)
Old 10-04-2022, 07:44 AM

I just sent you a PM with the list we used when we visited. As others have stated, make certain that your rental includes guest passes or you won't be able to truly experience all that The Villages has to offer. Also, if your rental doesn't have a cart you must try to rent one. It really is necessary to experience the lifestyle by golf cart for it to be truly representative. Have fun!
Old 10-04-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
We are visiting TV in January for a day or two. Not long enough, I know, but this is what I'm working with.

I plan to hit all of the squares and get a feel for the surrounding neighborhoods, especially those within walking distance to the squares. IF we have time, and I don't know that we will, we will take the trolley tour around The Villages. We will not have time to talk real estate agents.

If we were staying for multiple days, I would definitely hope to get a guest pass to check out the amenities. That'll happen on our next trip.

This first trip is designed to get a rough lay of the land and hopefully figure out which area we gravitate to. That'll help determine where we book a longer stay.
There’s only one trolley tour now. You book it at Brownwood Sales Center, and it only takes you down south of 44 to see the new villages. We did a Lifestyle visit in June for a week, and had a blast. Visit lots of Recreation Centers, both regional and smaller neighborhood ones. The theming is amazing at each one. Have fun!
Old 10-04-2022, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
Under 30 can't use the adult pools.
Yup you're right. I was thinking of the under 19 aren't supposed to be allowed to live in the Villages as residents and mixed it up with the visitor/amenity situation. My bad!
Old 10-04-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsailor View Post
You're right, a day or two will not be long enough. Take a ride on a Villages Trolly from lake Sumter Landing. The trolley guides have a good overall knowledge of TV. As you ride and take in the scenery you'll be able to get a lot of information and questions answered. In my opinion, the best tennis & golf is north of 446 but they are also the older neighborhoods. The best shopping and services are along 446 but that is slowly changing. The "future" of The Villages is south however the residential areas are booming and the commercial support is very slowly following. If you are younger south of 44 might be the place but there are pros & cons to that area. I've had 3 homes in The Villages all north of 446. I would consider south however not for a few years till services and shopping catch up.
Have they started running all of the trolleys again? During our LSV in June they were only running the trolley at Brownwood, and it only traveled down south of 44 to the new construction. They didn’t plan at that time to bring back the other trolleys, but maybe they finally did?
Old 10-04-2022, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyg View Post
Correct.
I was actually incorrect. It's under 30 (not 19) that can't use the adult pools. The 19 number is the minimum age of residency. You can live in the Villages if you're 19 (as long as you're living in a household with at least one person who is 55 or older). But you can't use the adult pool til you're 30.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I was actually incorrect. It's under 30 (not 19) that can't use the adult pools. The 19 number is the minimum age of residency. You can live in the Villages if you're 19 (as long as you're living in a household with at least one person who is 55 or older). But you can't use the adult pool til you're 30.
Almost. A 19yo does not have to have a 55+ living in the house, as long as we remain under the 20% maximum. A 19yo can purchase and live in a house alone.
Old 10-04-2022, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Teddy View Post
There’s only one trolley tour now. You book it at Brownwood Sales Center, and it only takes you down south of 44 to see the new villages. We did a Lifestyle visit in June for a week, and had a blast. Visit lots of Recreation Centers, both regional and smaller neighborhood ones. The theming is amazing at each one. Have fun!
Thanks for the heads up about the trolley tour. This first trip is going to be an ambitious attempt to get the lay of the land, check out some of the developments. Will the rec centers let us pop in for a look if we don't have guest passes? We might go through a CYV to see if that style of home would work for us or to see if we need to consider alternatives - a fenced in yard is a must.

We'll definitely want to eat at a good restaurant with a decent bar selection.

After this trip we'll plan a lifestyle visit or get a rental with guest passes.

Last edited by Gulfcoast; 10-04-2022 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:34 PM

Any apt/condo short term rentals? Owner direct would be best …I’m considering a visit , (2023) like to check out the place… Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
rental, options, entertainment, activities, start

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.