Hi Everyone!

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2018, 08:34 PM
Default Hi Everyone!

Not new to The Villages area, but new to the forum.

Found this place while doing a google search for cord cutting in our area (looking for the best outdoor antenna).

Very cool to see that we have an organized local forum!

Best! -Scott
Old 02-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Welcome aboard. The best thing is the advice on here is always 100% correct and always shared in a positive manner. Just kidding around. Welcome Scott, you will find some really truly good information here. It has been very helpful to many. Peace Out Nucky.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:18 PM
Veteran member

Good to meet you. Welcome to TOTV
Old 02-19-2018, 12:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Welcome aboard. The best thing is the advice on here is always 100% correct and always shared in a positive manner. Just kidding around. Welcome Scott, you will find some really truly good information here. It has been very helpful to many. Peace Out Nucky.
Hey, peace out, nucky? I thought peace out, fraugoofy...tee hee...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Antennas have been discussed numerous times, most go with an attic antenna to avoid problems with deed restrictions. With the right antenna in your attic and aimed in the correct direction you can receive all of the Orlando channels except maybe channel 2. Go to the search feature at the top and check out some past threads. For expert installation on antennas contact Villages AV, he has done hundreds of homes here in TV and he lives in TV and knows it inside out, he also does mounting TV's. He's very busy, I would email him with any questions if you seek expert advice.

Home Audio Video Sales & Installation in The Villages, Florida

I have Directv, but installed an antenna in the attic for my guest BR since it's not used often. I bought this one on Amazon for $25 with free shipping. It works good, I hired Tom at Villages AV to help with some wiring problems since I didn't want to mess up my Directv.

Amazon.com: Vilso TV Antenna Outdoor Amplified - Motorized 360 Degree Rotation - Digital HDTV Antenna - 150 Miles Range - Wireless Remote (Non Mount Pole): Electronics
Old 03-12-2018, 05:12 PM

Scott, I found Talk of the Villages but could not find the forums until today.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
Not new to The Villages area, but new to the forum.

Found this place while doing a google search for cord cutting in our area (looking for the best outdoor antenna).

Very cool to see that we have an organized local forum!

Best! -Scott
Scott, welcome to TV. As for the antenna, if you have new house take a look in the attic, you may find a thermal barrier, there have been reports that this interferes with cell phones and over the air television signals. Now despite what some may say, you can legally have an antenna outside, and there are NO deed restrictions, as the FCC rules override any and all deed restrictions. In fact I called community standards about this 2 weeks ago, and was told no restrictions. The company mentioned as I understand will not install outside as they do not like the look.
I am planning on doing my own, initially I will try inside the attic, I hope it works. I have found a highly recommended antenna, that I have discussed with another ToTVer who has first hand experience. We are going to use this for the 'spare' TV sets.

Tags
area, forum, cool, antenna, outdoor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.