Hi! I am confused about the CDD costs.

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2016, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Hi! I am confused about the CDD costs.

Hello from cold NJ. We spent a month in TV in Sept and fell in love with it. We came home and put our home up for sale and it sold too fast! 4 days from listing !!! We are supposed to close on Jan 6th and will be heading down to TV to buy. That's good news and bad news but that isn't the point of this message.

We really fell in love with the historic district. Great "ambiance" vs most of the site-built home lots plus a lot cheaper (which is what we need).

I understand the amenities fee but what is confusing me is the 2 CDD assessments I always read about.

In the "historic district" I understand there are no bonds (which was another plus about that area) but is there still a CDD maintenance assessment? In areas other than the "historic district" where there are bonds what are the average CDD maintenance assessment costs on a small home (like a Patio Villa) which we are also considering if a "great deal" comes along.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Here are some previous threads on this topic.

Property Taxes

CDD Maintenance Fee

Property Taxes/Bond/CDD/Amenties...am I close here?
Old 11-19-2016, 10:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Since you are in the historic district, I am assuming that you are buying a previously owned home, your real estate person should be able to give you a list of all of the monthly costs for the existing house. These may also be available from the Sumter County website, but I do not have a specific link for that info. Also, if you do not have a realtor, Lyle Grant (I think I have that right) provides a lot of info on homes in TV.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Next to the lobster picture where it says NUCKY you'll see an area that says either offline or online, click on that then click on send a private message to NUCKY and if you wish send me your phone number and I'll get to you sunday night or sometime monday. I'm a fountain of useless information, only kidding. I'm only here 6 months but landed in Country Club Hills and thru the time and patience of others on TOTV and great neighbors I'm ready to give you a helping hand.
Paying per year less in property taxes than what we were paying per month is a real thrill. Electric is less than half of Jorsey. DirecTv, CenturyLink, about 40% off. Water Bill and Grocery Bills are a bit more here. I'm gonna miss $4,000 in oil heat also. God I love it here....move your closing up. LOL
Old 11-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Sage

I think the historic side is unique in that it not a CDD. CDD1 is across 441. So I don't know how they fund the maintenance that is the bulk of the CDD fee for the rest of TV. Your realtor or Villages agent should have the correct info on what fees you need to consider.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I believe the historic district has no maintenance fee.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
I think the historic side is unique in that it not a CDD. CDD1 is across 441. So I don't know how they fund the maintenance that is the bulk of the CDD fee for the rest of TV. Your realtor or Villages agent should have the correct info on what fees you need to consider.
Village Community Development Districts
Old 11-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Since you are in the historic district, I am assuming that you are buying a previously owned home, your real estate person should be able to give you a list of all of the monthly costs for the existing house. These may also be available from the Sumter County website, but I do not have a specific link for that info. Also, if you do not have a realtor, Lyle Grant (I think I have that right) provides a lot of info on homes in TV.
Hope this helps.
The historic district is in Lake County.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

"The Lady Lake / Lake County portion of The Villages consists of 5,693 home sites that are located in the Town of Lady Lake and a portion of un-incorporated Lake County. The Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages is not located in the geographical boundaries of a Community Development District, but is in the service area of the Village Center Community Development District (VCCDD)." From The Villages VCDD site.

The historic side is not a CDD. There is no maintenance fee. There are no bonds. The reason? The historic side was established long before "The Villages". The infrastructure was baked into the price of a house and maintenance covered by amenity fees i.e. like most developments in Florida. The Villages and it's CCD methodology/structure came with the expansion on the other side of Rt 441. In essence the historic side (Orange Blossom Gardens) was adopted into The Villages after the incorporation.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Hope this helps.
Many brand new homes being built as we speak on the historic side - still non bond or maintenance fees. See my other post above. It was never organized as a CDD.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
I believe the historic district has no maintenance fee.
you are correct
Closed Thread

Tags
home, cdd, district, historic, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.