High water pressure in Marsh Bend?

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2020, 06:54 PM
Default High water pressure in Marsh Bend?

Usually, I am a big fan of good water pressure. However, I just installed a NOVA filter and GE water softener over the weekend. While observing the pressure gauges on the NOVA filter, it is consistently at 75 to 78 psi when water is not in use (at rest). I know that residential water pressure should range between 40 and 80 psi due to the risk of pipes bursting above 80 psi. Plus, plumbing fixture manufacturers (Kohler, Delta, Moen, etc...) are only required to build their products to handle 80 psi. I am curious what other villages pressure ranges are, and if anyone has tried to have the water company install a pressure regulator or dial back the pressure in their neighborhood.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:24 PM

Your house should have a pressure regulator valve somewhere. If you are concerned about the pressure, contact a plumber to adjust it.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:40 PM

Just looked at ours in Marsh Bend (Francis Loop) - incoming side with no flow = 78 psi. We’ve been here since early May and it’s been about that number the whole time. I’m very happy with that pressure and wouldn’t worry about it until it’s well over 90. Hope this doesn’t happen, but pressure may drop as snowbirds return and more new homes are occupied.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:59 AM

I have not seen anything above 65 to 68 along the Hillsbourgh coridor.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacjag View Post
Your house should have a pressure regulator valve somewhere. If you are concerned about the pressure, contact a plumber to adjust it.

agree that somethings not right and that you should contact a plumber

our NOVA gauges show 64 psi
Old 10-21-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage

the pressure is controlled by the water company, shouldn't be an issue with instant on heaters.

If you have a hot water tank the pressure is controlled by the expansion tank, many go bad in 3 -5 years.

the bladder gets damaged and the unit fills with water allowing the pressure to exceed 90-100

most are not pre set at 65psi by the plumbers, the factory sets them at 40-45.

they are <$50 at HD or Loews

I get several calls a month on this issue Nova filters have pressure gauges to avoid this problem

call for more info
Old 11-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Default Update *** High water pressure in Marsh Bend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy8432 View Post
Usually, I am a big fan of good water pressure. However, I just installed a NOVA filter and GE water softener over the weekend. While observing the pressure gauges on the NOVA filter, it is consistently at 75 to 78 psi when water is not in use (at rest). I know that residential water pressure should range between 40 and 80 psi due to the risk of pipes bursting above 80 psi. Plus, plumbing fixture manufacturers (Kohler, Delta, Moen, etc...) are only required to build their products to handle 80 psi. I am curious what other villages pressure ranges are, and if anyone has tried to have the water company install a pressure regulator or dial back the pressure in their neighborhood.

I had a plumbing company come to the house to discuss, and the individual was adamant that “in his numerous years of serving The Villages residences, he has never seen CPVC/PVC burst from over pressure and 75 psi is okay.” So, I will take no action and rely on home owner insurance in the unlikely event of a plumbing burst. BTW, there are NO pressure regulators installed between the shutoff valve at the street and the houses in Marsh Bend.

While the plumber was here, we also discussed installation of a recirculation pump for the tankless hot water heater to reduce the wait for hot water. He said that it could be done and it will not void the warranty on the Rheem tankless water heater. If anyone would like additional details, feel free to PM me.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy8432 View Post
I am in Fenney and also have a Nova system. My pressure has always been 75-78 PSI like yours.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 11-09-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage

pipes will not burst at 80psi.

TV does NOT use any pressure regulators in the systems.

They are regulated by design on the street manifolds

You can add a regulator but shouldn't be needed

Tags
pressure, water, psi, filter, nova

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.