Homes for sale

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Default Homes for sale

Good morning all, say I'm coming down next week, from up here in the frozen tundra, to stay with friends in The Villages. Hubby and I are thinking of relocating, and I have been avidly perusing listings of homes for sale. Exactly what are The Villages parameters/ie I have seen listings in Lady Lake and I'm not sure if this area is considered part of your community.

Thanks in advance,
Diane
Old 03-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane64 View Post
Good morning all, say I'm coming down next week, from up here in the frozen tundra, to stay with friends in The Villages. Hubby and I are thinking of relocating, and I have been avidly perusing listings of homes for sale. Exactly what are The Villages parameters/ie I have seen listings in Lady Lake and I'm not sure if this area is considered part of your community.

Thanks in advance,
Diane

Try this for starters;
The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community

Also Lyle Gant is a realtor who advertises on here.

And this; https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...state-sale-81/
Old 03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

The Villages is made up of several Community Development Districts CDD'S (11 or 12). Some of the CDD'S actually are also in some of the surrounding towns such as Lady Lake and Fruitland Park. The Districts hold seminars to explain this form of government and while you are visiting it would be useful for you to attend one in order to get a better idea how this form of government works. Because of its location, The Villages is also in three different counties. The Florida counties are Lake, Marion and Sumter. You will not find any retirement community in the world like The Villages! Hope you enjoy your visit.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Last edited by Boomer; 03-04-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM

Go to Google Earth. Dial down to the Villages North West of Orlando. You can't miss it. It will show you all the towns around and what counties. Keep in mind the Villages is still expanding South so the map may be slightly out of date.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

districtgov.org has grest Villages info - including maps!

And I can guarantee you will lose sleep if you go to virginiatrace.com in the evening!

Old 03-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Exactly what are The Villages parameters/ie I have seen listings in Lady Lake and I'm not sure if this area is considered part of your community.

Thanks in advance,
Diane
On the northside it's CR 42, on the south end it's CR 44, on west side and east side there is not one defining line because between those two roads I listed 42 and 44 is about 15 miles. So in that 15 miles the east and west boundaries will zig zag. US 441/27 is a boundary line in the Spanish Springs area, but even that is not hard and fast because the historic side is east of that, by saying historic we're referring to the original development that started everything and was mainly mobile homes up until the last couple of years. The Villages (TV) has been buying back those lots and building new cottage homes in that area.

If you go to Google Map and type in zip code 32162 and then zoom out so that CR 42 and CR 44 are at the top and bottom, you'll notice rooftops and homes aligned in rows with matching rooftops. Looking east and west you'll get a general idea of the boundaries, remember TV is about 35 square miles, maybe even larger as we speak. You won't get a boundary line around the east side because that zip code is 32159 and the newest areas in the south is 32163, and the 32162 is the biggest chunk in the middle, 3 zip codes.

Here, I gave you a headstart with the link below. On my 21" monitor it's hard to get those two roads on the map at the same time without losing the ground images. Scroll in and out and you'll see what I mean. The newest areas between 466A and CR 44 (south end) don't show as much detail, but it's mostly filled in with homes, they just haven't taken a photo in a couple of years.

Google Maps
Old 03-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Thanks in advance,
Diane
Diane -- The Villages exists in three different counties.
However, I wouldn't worry about it when you see a Villages home in Lady Lake.
That could just be a generalization.

What size home are you looking for?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

[QUOTE=Mrs. Robinson;1368013][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Diane -- The Villages exists in three different counties.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Came down 5 years ago, drank the cool-aide within ten minutes on ride with realtor. Short story, finally bought a place last year... got just what we wanted! My best tip, don't rush into TV (if you don't have to); take your time, come rent in spring, summer, fall and winter... Look at houses with pools, houses with views, golf courses, "kissing lanais" villas, and patio villas... Look north, south, in the great middle, east and west... Every neighborhood has so much to offer, the big question will be "What do you want out of TV?" Answer that, and you'll be happy... and if that doesn't work, reset and do it all again... Many folks "buy" a couple of times (and more) before they settle in... Just be open to fun, open to something new, something different... and all wonderful!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Came down 5 years ago, drank the cool-aide within ten minutes on ride with realtor. Short story, finally bought a place last year... got just what we wanted! My best tip, don't rush into TV (if you don't have to); take your time, come rent in spring, summer, fall and winter... Look at houses with pools, houses with views, golf courses, "kissing lanais" villas, and patio villas... Look north, south, in the great middle, east and west... Every neighborhood has so much to offer, the big question will be "What do you want out of TV?" Answer that, and you'll be happy... and if that doesn't work, reset and do it all again... Many folks "buy" a couple of times (and more) before they settle in... Just be open to fun, open to something new, something different... and all wonderful!
Awesome advise!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=Duppa;1376924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Diane -- The Villages exists in three different counties.

We are very careful with money and decisions, have been for many decades. We came to relook after a hasty drop by visit with friends who moved here. We bought a house. That was just shy of ten years ago and we are now on second new house. There is no pressure from The Villages. This is the fastest growing community in the whole United States.

We are so happy living here.

Tags
villages, homes, listings, sale, lake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.