A honey pot on the end of a drive way in Mallory Square

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Basically, it seems as though there is nothing you can do. I think you just need to live with it.
I agree.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-10-2018 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:49 AM
Veteran member

This is so common with T and D. On our street the stinking pots sit for months and the "work" is so diluted. T and D is in our opinion very poor to deal with. I know we would NEVER have them do ANYTHING. Show up for a few minutes, have a smoke and a beer, leave and come back in two weeks for a few minutes and...................and.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
This is so common with T and D. On our street the stinking pots sit for months and the "work" is so diluted. T and D is in our opinion very poor to deal with. I know we would NEVER have them do ANYTHING. Show up for a few minutes, have a smoke and a beer, leave and come back in two weeks for a few minutes and...................and.
I don't agree. There were few days without work when we had a pool and bath added about three years ago.

We have a portable toilet now down the street and it has been there for some time. Never ever thought of it as a problem. Never heard ANYONE complain about them except for one previous thread on here.

It is the law. If you were working outside and needed to pee, it would be a relief.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Platinum member

WE have a T&D one in our neighborhood too. Understand the purpose but why couldn't it be a more subtle color - soothing blue or green?
Old 08-10-2018, 06:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
WE have a T&D one in our neighborhood too. Understand the purpose but why couldn't it be a more subtle color - soothing blue or green?
Good morning JoJo! Maybe so that people wouldn't run into it? Wouldn't THAT be a mess.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Recently our neighbor across the street had a large house expansion done by T&D.

Had an orange outhouse at the curb for 3+ months. Over that time a large number of subs did their work on the project, and many had to 'do their job' in there too. The firm that provides the....potty.... comes out with a special vac truck once in a while to drain the...you know.

Other than the visual it's no big deal. The workers need to have some place to 'go', esp working all day.
And on the bright side - if our toilet backed up...we had a back-up. Or if you're REALLY cheap - use it yourself and save the 1.6 gallons of water from yours.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

We had one in our driveway for months when our pool was built. When Irma was coming, I called the number on the potty and asked them to remove it so it wouldn't become a projectile in the storm. They said that the customer that ordered it (T&D) would have to make the request, so I called T&D. They had it removed before the storm hit and then it showed up again a couple days after the storm. If you think the potty is an eye sore, just picture the sight of all the construction workers relieving themselves outdoors.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Our neighbor down the street had T & D do extensive work with an addition. After a while we thought it was time for some graffiti to be added to the port-o-potty. This was a group effort using signs rather than tagging with paint. They were pretty creative and done one a day. The neighbor looked forward to each day's creation. Of course, we tired of it after a few days, but it was fun while it lasted.

BTW, T & D kept the work site clean, and the neighbor was delighted with their work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chi-Town; 08-10-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:12 AM

If Henry Winkler moved to TV would he use it as his office?
Old 08-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

at least this orange is better then the one that was in our neighborhood for months.. It was brown and the title across the front was "LOG HOUSE".. everyday I would drive past it and just shake my head at the name of the company !!! It disappeared after the home renovation was finished !!! the neighborhood survived.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

A brown LOG HOUSE. Now that's funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
at least this orange is better then the one that was in our neighborhood for months.. It was brown and the title across the front was "LOG HOUSE".. everyday I would drive past it and just shake my head at the name of the company !!! It disappeared after the home renovation was finished !!! the neighborhood survived.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 03:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Recently our neighbor across the street had a large house expansion done by T&D.

Had an orange outhouse at the curb for 3+ months. Over that time a large number of subs did their work on the project, and many had to 'do their job' in there too. The firm that provides the....potty.... comes out with a special vac truck once in a while to drain the...you know.

Other than the visual it's no big deal. The workers need to have some place to 'go', esp working all day.
And on the bright side - if our toilet backed up...we had a back-up. Or if you're REALLY cheap - use it yourself and save the 1.6 gallons of water from yours.
There was one in our Tamarind Grove area for a while. There was a time when my dog could make it farther around the neighborhood than I could. Thought it was a nice convenience, although a bit small to fit an adult + 85-lb dog.

Now that it's gone I must gauge time/distance a little more efficiently.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Angry No Reason

There is no reason a company can place a terrible outhouse on your property that is ugly, smelly or part of the visible landscape. The fact that the Villages have a rule that it must be in a very visible place other than as best as possible out of sight. If an owner is going to have one on his or her land they must first identify an appropriate location that is less visible and less offensive to their neighborhood. It is outrages to force an outhouse on land for extensive length of time regardless of the owners rights or wishes
Old 08-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There is no reason a company can place a terrible outhouse on your property that is ugly, smelly or part of the visible landscape. The fact that the Villages have a rule that it must be in a very visible place other than as best as possible out of sight. If an owner is going to have one on his or her land they must first identify an appropriate location that is less visible and less offensive to their neighborhood. It is outrages to force an outhouse on land for extensive length of time regardless of the owners rights or wishes
The reason is OSHA.

Sanitation. - 1926.51 | Occupational Safety and Health Administration And they are for real people, working in the outdoors. I would want them to be treated decently. I don't find the portable toilets offensive, they are there for a reason. We see them everywhere here in The Villages as people add on or do projects. It isn't a choice made by the homeowners or by the contractors. If Contractors didn't follow guidelines there would be a huge outcry, I would think.

We had three for some reason when our home was being built. We were on site every day and never noticed an odor. I do think they are frequently serviced. There is one now, down the street and it has been there for several months. No one ever mentions it. I can see it from our front porch.

I would hazard a guess that the reason they are near the street is that they are serviced.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-11-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The reason is OSHA.

Sanitation. - 1926.51 | Occupational Safety and Health Administration And they are for real people, working in the outdoors. I would want them to be treated decently. I don't find the portable toilets offensive, they are there for a reason. We see them everywhere here in The Villages as people add on or do projects. It isn't a choice made by the homeowners or by the contractors. If Contractors didn't follow guidelines there would be a huge outcry, I would think.

We had three for some reason when our home was being built. We were on site every day and never noticed an odor. I do think they are frequently serviced. There is one now, down the street and it has been there for several months. No one ever mentions it. I can see it from our front porch.

I would hazard a guess that the reason they are near the street is that they are serviced.
An excellent response. Every word is spot on.
Closed Thread

Tags
end, touched, report, eyesore, mallory

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.