Hopeful Future residents

Hopeful Future residents

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Sage

Don't rule out the "older" sections, sometimes/affectionately referred to as the historic section.....without visiting there in person.

Contrary to some opinion it is not the place of the old(er) only.
Very mature/very nice landscaping/very well kept/......many of the manufactured homes have been remodeled or updated. Many, many have purchased the manufactured home and torn it down and replaced with a site built home. This is an increasing trend in the past few years.

The homes are smaller, hence lower price of entry into TV and all the same amenities.

We built our home in 2004.....14 years ago....hopefully not too old.......most of us old folks are not abusers of what we own......the notion of older or where the old(er) folks live is, in my opinion, inaccurate......ESPECIALLY here in TV.

One cannot measure age/activity/health/etc with a northern yardstick....ya need a Villages yardstick!!!

Old 09-19-2018, 04:28 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

We live in Palo Alto on the north side,have a designer home, our neighborhood was built in 1997. The age range is from 55 to 88, everybody watches out for their neighbor. We live in Sumter count our taxes have went down our value has recovered from the crash. We,re 7mins from our church ,bank ,doctor, drug store, town square, and supermarket. Were happy here. Make a list of what's important to you a look for it everyone has their wants. Len & Mary
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2018, 10:43 PM

Thank you again for all the great info. I had not logged in for a while to see additional comments...I apologize. We are hoping to put our house here up for sale right after Christmas!!!

I do have another question...we have heard that the "villa" neighborhoods tend to cater more towards the snowbirds and are somewhat vacant in the summer...so potentially not consistent neighbors and a chance to build as many relationships. Is that holding true for the Villa's in Finney? We don't know where we will land yet, but would appreciate input!
Old 12-18-2018, 07:55 AM

I’m not sure if the Southern Villa neighborhoods have more snowbirds but there are a lot of rentals from there I see on rental sites. There are some even available for this winter.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmckain View Post
Hello, I apologize in advance for asking questions that I am sure have been answered previously. We have been to TV about 4 separate times and, the Lord willing, hope to be able to move there after the first of next year. We have a few specific questions that we have not quite figured out.
1. Does the Village of Pine Ridge have a bond? We didn't think so because it was in Lake County but just saw a listing stating the "bond was paid" so now we are not sure.
2. Are there pro's or con's to living in one county over another
3. Are the executive courses challenging enough for a 9 or 10 handicap player? We saw that the executive courses have mainly par 3 holes.
4. Reading the posts, it appears that the northern area is still a great place to be. Are the home values staying up compared to the other areas? We see there are more homes for sale in that area, any input on why?

Thank you so much for your input and information!
Some of your questions have been answered already, but I'm curious that you have been here more than once and don't already know the answers to a couple of them.

If a villages property doesn't say bond paid, then there is almost definitely a bond, regardless of location, but if it's a pre-owned property, some of the bond will have been paid.

There are differences in taxes in one county or city limits vs. another. Find out what they are and factor that in when comparing properties you are interested in.

Can't comment much on the golf except through my sister-in-law's eyes as she is probably a single digit handicap golfer. She prefers to play 18 hole rounds on full length courses (referred to as championship courses here). There are executive courses that offer holes more challenging than others but few replicate, as a hole, the entire front or back 9 of a championship course. The executive courses are good to enjoy 9 holes, work on aspects of your game, have fun with friends, but you may, ultimately, prefer championship golf.

Ask any villager their favorite village or area and 99% of the time the answer will be the village or area that they live in. That's one of the great things here. The newer areas tend to have a younger demographic while the older areas the opposite, but there are exceptions on any given street in any given village.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Some of your questions have been answered already, but I'm curious that you have been here more than once and don't already know the answers to a couple of them.

If a villages property doesn't say bond paid, then there is almost definitely a bond, regardless of location, but if it's a pre-owned property, some of the bond will have been paid.

There are differences in taxes in one county or city limits vs. another. Find out what they are and factor that in when comparing properties you are interested in.

Can't comment much on the golf except through my sister-in-law's eyes as she is probably a single digit handicap golfer. She prefers to play 18 hole rounds on full length courses (referred to as championship courses here). There are executive courses that offer holes more challenging than others but few replicate, as a hole, the entire front or back 9 of a championship course. The executive courses are good to enjoy 9 holes, work on aspects of your game, have fun with friends, but you may, ultimately, prefer championship golf.

Ask any villager their favorite village or area and 99% of the time the answer will be the village or area that they live in. That's one of the great things here. The newer areas tend to have a younger demographic while the older areas the opposite, but there are exceptions on any given street in any given village.
Thank you for the additional insight. We have gotten a lot of great input. Since my original post have gained even more understanding of the above questions. Really looking forward to being there once our home sells here. Hopefully that won't take too long.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
4. The northern area is fine, but the houses and the people are older. If you buy an older house, it probably will not appreciate as well as a newer house. Obviously, more pre-owned houses will be for sale there because people die or move to assisted living, or back north to be closer to family. They are building some new houses in the north.

Good luck.
I bought a house in the north end in the Village of Santo Domingo in June of 2017. In 18 months, the value of my house (according to Zillow) has gone up almost 22%. That is pretty good appreciation. Also, the neighborhoods around here are morphing very quickly to a younger demographic as the original owners who built the homes in the late 90's move on one way or the other. Oh, and did I mention that most of the homes north of 466 either have their bonds paid off or there is very little left on them with the exception of the new villas they are building on 42 ?
Old 12-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Tax rates vary by county. Having a homestead exemption makes a huge difference.

Here is a rough estimate of annual taxes on a $200K property by county:

Lake: $1960
Marion: $1720
Sumter: $1640

Per Florida Property Taxes By County - 2018
Don't forget about city taxes. Some areas will have city taxes in addition to the mentioned above. Some of the northeast sections are subject to Lady Lake taxes, Pine Hills and Pine Ridge are in Fruitland Park, and Antrum Dells, Alden Bungalows, Atwood Bungalows, and all the new areas south of SR44 are in Wildwood. For these you will pay a little extra in taxes but you still won't be close to what is paid up north (of Florida).
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Old 12-19-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I enjoy the Executive courses for the walk, the practice and meeting new players. Most are very beautiful.
My husband was curious as to where the very beautiful new players are.....

Just teasing!
Old 12-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmckain View Post
Hello, I apologize in advance for asking questions that I am sure have been answered previously. We have been to TV about 4 separate times and, the Lord willing, hope to be able to move there after the first of next year. We have a few specific questions that we have not quite figured out.
1. Does the Village of Pine Ridge have a bond? We didn't think so because it was in Lake County but just saw a listing stating the "bond was paid" so now we are not sure.
2. Are there pro's or con's to living in one county over another
3. Are the executive courses challenging enough for a 9 or 10 handicap player? We saw that the executive courses have mainly par 3 holes.
4. Reading the posts, it appears that the northern area is still a great place to be. Are the home values staying up compared to the other areas? We see there are more homes for sale in that area, any input on why?

Thank you so much for your input and information!
Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Tax rates vary by county. Having a homestead exemption makes a huge difference.

Here is a rough estimate of annual taxes on a $200K property by county:

Lake: $1960
Marion: $1720
Sumter: $1640

Per Florida Property Taxes By County - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Don't forget about city taxes. Some areas will have city taxes in addition to the mentioned above. Some of the northeast sections are subject to Lady Lake taxes, Pine Hills and Pine Ridge are in Fruitland Park, and Antrum Dells, Alden Bungalows, Atwood Bungalows, and all the new areas south of SR44 are in Wildwood. For these you will pay a little extra in taxes but you still won't be close to what is paid up north (of Florida).
Attached is my detailed analysis of taxes in TV.

Good luck with your home search. Remember ... the best is yet to come!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018 taxes comparison.pdf (126.5 KB, 45 views)

Tags
area, bond, county, executive, questions