Hopeful Future residents

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Some of your questions have been answered already, but I'm curious that you have been here more than once and don't already know the answers to a couple of them.

If a villages property doesn't say bond paid, then there is almost definitely a bond, regardless of location, but if it's a pre-owned property, some of the bond will have been paid.

There are differences in taxes in one county or city limits vs. another. Find out what they are and factor that in when comparing properties you are interested in.

Can't comment much on the golf except through my sister-in-law's eyes as she is probably a single digit handicap golfer. She prefers to play 18 hole rounds on full length courses (referred to as championship courses here). There are executive courses that offer holes more challenging than others but few replicate, as a hole, the entire front or back 9 of a championship course. The executive courses are good to enjoy 9 holes, work on aspects of your game, have fun with friends, but you may, ultimately, prefer championship golf.

Ask any villager their favorite village or area and 99% of the time the answer will be the village or area that they live in. That's one of the great things here. The newer areas tend to have a younger demographic while the older areas the opposite, but there are exceptions on any given street in any given village.
Thank you for the additional insight. We have gotten a lot of great input. Since my original post have gained even more understanding of the above questions. Really looking forward to being there once our home sells here. Hopefully that won't take too long.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
4. The northern area is fine, but the houses and the people are older. If you buy an older house, it probably will not appreciate as well as a newer house. Obviously, more pre-owned houses will be for sale there because people die or move to assisted living, or back north to be closer to family. They are building some new houses in the north.

Good luck.
I bought a house in the north end in the Village of Santo Domingo in June of 2017. In 18 months, the value of my house (according to Zillow) has gone up almost 22%. That is pretty good appreciation. Also, the neighborhoods around here are morphing very quickly to a younger demographic as the original owners who built the homes in the late 90's move on one way or the other. Oh, and did I mention that most of the homes north of 466 either have their bonds paid off or there is very little left on them with the exception of the new villas they are building on 42 ?
Old 12-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Tax rates vary by county. Having a homestead exemption makes a huge difference.

Here is a rough estimate of annual taxes on a $200K property by county:

Lake: $1960
Marion: $1720
Sumter: $1640

Per Florida Property Taxes By County - 2018
Don't forget about city taxes. Some areas will have city taxes in addition to the mentioned above. Some of the northeast sections are subject to Lady Lake taxes, Pine Hills and Pine Ridge are in Fruitland Park, and Antrum Dells, Alden Bungalows, Atwood Bungalows, and all the new areas south of SR44 are in Wildwood. For these you will pay a little extra in taxes but you still won't be close to what is paid up north (of Florida).
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 12-19-2018, 11:49 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to paminix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I enjoy the Executive courses for the walk, the practice and meeting new players. Most are very beautiful.
My husband was curious as to where the very beautiful new players are.....

Just teasing!
Old 12-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmckain View Post
Hello, I apologize in advance for asking questions that I am sure have been answered previously. We have been to TV about 4 separate times and, the Lord willing, hope to be able to move there after the first of next year. We have a few specific questions that we have not quite figured out.
1. Does the Village of Pine Ridge have a bond? We didn't think so because it was in Lake County but just saw a listing stating the "bond was paid" so now we are not sure.
2. Are there pro's or con's to living in one county over another
3. Are the executive courses challenging enough for a 9 or 10 handicap player? We saw that the executive courses have mainly par 3 holes.
4. Reading the posts, it appears that the northern area is still a great place to be. Are the home values staying up compared to the other areas? We see there are more homes for sale in that area, any input on why?

Thank you so much for your input and information!
Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Tax rates vary by county. Having a homestead exemption makes a huge difference.

Here is a rough estimate of annual taxes on a $200K property by county:

Lake: $1960
Marion: $1720
Sumter: $1640

Per Florida Property Taxes By County - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Don't forget about city taxes. Some areas will have city taxes in addition to the mentioned above. Some of the northeast sections are subject to Lady Lake taxes, Pine Hills and Pine Ridge are in Fruitland Park, and Antrum Dells, Alden Bungalows, Atwood Bungalows, and all the new areas south of SR44 are in Wildwood. For these you will pay a little extra in taxes but you still won't be close to what is paid up north (of Florida).
Attached is my detailed analysis of taxes in TV.

Good luck with your home search. Remember ... the best is yet to come!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018 taxes comparison.pdf (126.5 KB, 132 views)
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Attached is my detailed analysis of taxes in TV.

Good luck with your home search. Remember ... the best is yet to come!
Thank you very much !
Closed Thread

Tags
area, bond, county, executive, questions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.