What to do with new home appliances

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Location: Village of Buttonwood, original town Hubbard, OH (suburb of Youngstown)
Default What to do with new home appliances

You are looking at the newest members of TV! BUT, we have brand new bisque appliances that we need to sell that were part of the house. Unfortunately we were not able to exclude them from the building of our home and are now stuck with them. We are bringing our appliances with us so we have no need for extras. Anyone have any ideas?? You can contact me at gsmchugh@comcast.net or respond to this blog! Any help would certainly be appreciated!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to you! I hope you enjoy every day of a thousand years in Paradise!

We had a refrigerator that came with the house and someone bought it for a garage beer refrigerator. Someone on TOTV.

You can sell them on Ebay or Craigs list. I sold a used bathtub on Ebay when we renovated our Ohio bathroom. Yes I did, for $300 and they drove all the way from Michigan to pick it up. AND there were 33 bidders. However that was before the recession started a couple of years ago.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Location: Village of Buttonwood, original town Hubbard, OH (suburb of Youngstown)

Thanks so much for the suggestion! Good one! Once the dust settles we can't wait to get started with all of the activities!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmchugh View Post
Thanks so much for the suggestion! Good one! Once the dust settles we can't wait to get started with all of the activities!
Hey...You are a fellow Buckeye too! I know I am gonna like you. You will have unaccented speech.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmchugh View Post
You are looking at the newest members of TV! BUT, we have brand new bisque appliances that we need to sell that were part of the house. Unfortunately we were not able to exclude them from the building of our home and are now stuck with them. We are bringing our appliances with us so we have no need for extras. Anyone have any ideas?? You can contact me at gsmchugh@comcast.net or respond to this blog! Any help would certainly be appreciated!
First of all... Welcome to TV!

We too have built in Buttonwood and plan on moving the fridge to the garage for drinks and such.

As graciegirl said, there is an active thread right here on TOTV for Items for Sale. I might suggest that you try to sell them here.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...splay.php?f=83

Last edited by Dan =^..^=; 09-13-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Sage

gsmchuge!

You've already received the best suggestions for selling your appliances (eBay, Craig's List, TOTV).

I just wanted to add my welcome. Hope you enjoy TV as much as we do. Welcome to TOTV too. There are many smart and nice people here who can answer your questions. Bet you can answer some of ours too. Hope you'll stick around on TOTV and join the fun, interesting and informative conversations.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Eternal Member

I thought there was a place around here that would buy your appliances at a fair price if they have not ever been used. You might want to try doing a search and see if you can find it. Maybe someone can remember the name of the place.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:41 AM

We just sold our fridge on ocala4sale.com
Wish we had ten more.

Have had no luck with the range, dishwasher or microwave. I guess we will call habitat.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Send a message via AIM to Zass38

I have donated my appliances to Habitat for Humanity...used for a tax deduction. I believe that you can also buy appliances from them.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Veteran member
Default appliances

We saw a number in the paper for purchasing appliances...the guy is from Ocala..comes out and buys it and hauls it away. We replaced our fridge last Spring after only using it maybe 5 or 6 months.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:55 AM

Good luck selling your appliances. I too will be doing the same things. I'll save the fridge & sell the other new appliances (Black) if anyone is interested..... I just threw them in when purchasing our home. I plan to buy new stainless steel appliance that I WANT before we move in. I was not happy with the options offered.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 AM

I donated the appliances to Habitat for Humanity. I really wanted to donate them to the Veterans as they have a very special place in my heart! Unfortunately they don't have a donation center in this area. So, the appliances are gone!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 PM

We donated ours to Habitat as well when we moved here 5 years ago. Since then we have donated many household items. They really appreciate it!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:22 PM

I sold my new/unused GE kitchen appliances through the Daily Sun and Daily Commercial classifieds http://www.dailycommercial.com/Classifieds/

- the Villages wouldn't deliver my new home without apppliances so I had to get the base appliance pkg and then sell them as I purchased my own appliances. The Daily Commercial is in Leesburg and the ads run both on line and in their daily paper I believe for a week. Was recommended by Village residents and I recommend them too.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Default selling fridge

Go to Market at Marion On 27/441 there are several people selling Village equipment
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.