Secret Code?

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Default Secret Code?

The Villages is such a big place and I am confused on the different areas. can someone help me find a map of the "villages" roads. I have managed to even confuse google! I would love to get some info on Calumet Grove area. Is it posable to golf cart from that area to the historic area where we have family? Thank You for your help in advance.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Sage

One can drive from Calumet Grove to the historic side in a golf cart, but it is a long ride and remember you'll have to drive back.... Try this site for a map. Enlarge and you'll get some street names. Others might have better map sites.

http://www.washingtonstatesearch.com...treet_map.html
Old 02-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

You can get a current map at the Mercantile or Walgreen's.

To get to the historic side from Calumet Grove, take your cart south on Buena Vista. Go through the Savannah Tunnel, heading towards Spanish Springs on El Camino. Go down El Camino to Page. After the Veterans Park, there is a parking lot, turn left into it and follow the golf cart path to the bridge and then go accordingly.

It is a long golf cart drive but, if the weather is nice, a nice drive.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Thank You for your help!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretch298 View Post
The Villages is such a big place and I am confused on the different areas. can someone help me find a map of the "villages" roads. I have managed to even confuse google! I would love to get some info on Calumet Grove area. Is it posable to golf cart from that area to the historic area where we have family? Thank You for your help in advance.
Do you have Google Earth on your computer? If so, you can put in (where it says "Fly to") The Villages, Fl. and you will go to a very nice map of this place.....at certain zoom levels you will see street names. If you take your time I will bet that you can find the route from Calumet Grove to the Historic side......you can even see the big golf cart bridge that spans Rts 441/27. Drag the map with your mouse to go to different areas. If you don't have the program installed on your computer you can download it by going to earth.google.com Imagery dates vary from 2007 to 2009 so some of the newest areas will look undeveloped.

Have fun flying all over The Villages!

Last edited by VillagesFlorida; 02-12-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Veteran member
Default Free Villages Maps

You can go to the Triple A (AAA) in Lake Sumter Landing and get free, very detailed maps of The Villages and surrounding areas just by showing your AAA membership card.

They also have very detailed maps of Orlando and the surrounding areas as well as the usual state maps. They also offer very good discounts on Florida attractions and even some restaurants and stores.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.