How many times a week do you go out to eat?

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

Probably average at least twice a day, so 14 or so times a week. Neither my wife nor I like to cook so we promised each other 15 years ago before we got married we would never ask the other one to cook. So far, so good. Now, I *am* giving some thought to grilling out more often. I did that years ago and found some satisfaction in that. Only time will tell.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Sage

When I eat out i's usually breakfast because I like breakfast but don't like to cook it.
Dinner out maybe twice a month. I'm a better cook than most of the TV restaurants
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-24-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
Once every 2 months
That would be for us also, can't afford to eat out each week not alone every day. Nice to know there are other people that might be like us.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you are working on a budget I would budget on the high side as you may find that you are eating out a lot. Could be twice on some days.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

Let me think. 3 meals a day, 7 days in a week, 21 meals a week. We probably eat out 8-10 meals a week. Some of each meal. Not too many breakfasts as we have mostly fruit and coffee for breakfast so 3-4 lunches and dinners a week. We do go in spells. Sometimes the better half, a great cook, will cook every night for a week but the next week we will be out for 5 nights. Many times we will have a late lunch out and leftovers or sushi and a manhatten for dinner. Tonight we had a filet and a lobster tail for dinner at home.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:40 PM

I must tell you... take a look into the kitchens maybe 80% of the kitchens and you will not eat one meal out!! In fact after looking into the kitchens of many of the restaurants... I decided to get Hepatitis "A" shots.. seriously! read up on how this virus is received and spread. You can get the shots for a small charge (2 shots) at the
Sumter County Health Dept in Wildwood. Physicians will tell you if you also eat on cruises ... you should not leave home without the shots..

Maybe this should be a another thread posting but fitted right in with "eating out"
Tell me where I am wrong or the Physicians or the Health Dept. remember they give these shots to children as a requirement around 1 yr. of age.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Eternal Member

For the first 6 or 7 years here, we went to lunch 4-5 days a week. It was not the expense but the weight gain that caused us to cut back. Very few places have small servings.

Now we go out once a week for lunch. We also go out for breakfast after an early doctor's appointment. Sometimes we go out for breakfast on Sunday when we do not schedule golf.

Z
Old 10-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
I must tell you... take a look into the kitchens maybe 80% of the kitchens and you will not eat one meal out!! In fact after looking into the kitchens of many of the restaurants... I decided to get Hepatitis "A" shots.. seriously! read up on how this virus is received and spread. You can get the shots for a small charge (2 shots) at the
Sumter County Health Dept in Wildwood. Physicians will tell you if you also eat on cruises ... you should not leave home without the shots..

Maybe this should be a another thread posting but fitted right in with "eating out"
Tell me where I am wrong or the Physicians or the Health Dept. remember they give these shots to children as a requirement around 1 yr. of age.
I'm 63 and have been eating out 3-5 times a week for the last 20 years and have been on 55 cruises. Never sick from any where and still here.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Sage

Being a diabetic, once a week maybe. Restaurants usually serve two portions of food needed. Too much, for a diabetic.

I should ask for a doggie bag at the beginning of my meal, and scrap off half of dinner, to be eaten at a later date, but I don't. It's better to eat at home, where I can utilize portion control

Being a diabetic,stinks!!!

BTW - Fugetitabout it, for dessert.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

I eat lunch out about 5 days a week. Dinner about 4 times per week. Breakfast rarely.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
have been on 55 cruises.
Hey Bonny..........55 cruises?... You're not counting Bass fishing trips on Lake Griffin are you? LOL
Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Us, lunch (sometimes a later lunch that serves as dinner too) a few times per week. Breakfast, always in and something light. Dinner with friends every week or two.

A neighbor of mine, from another community > "The only thing I make is reservations".
Old 10-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Default Cruising is our answer.....

We eat out once a week. Then go on a cruise once a month on what we save by eating at home. Five day cruise =5 breakfast, 5 lunches, 5 dinners, 5 shows, 5 days of not making a bed or cleaning bathrooms=Priceless
Old 10-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Then go on a cruise once a month on what we save by eating at home.
Whoa. Once a month? The same cruise, or different ones?
Old 10-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Not a big fan of eating out and primarily do so because I do not want people to think we are unsociable. I would prefer and do invite them over for a meal but the problem is then they feel obligated to reciprocate. So ten times a year is a lot. and it seems when I do I end up telling myself i could do better for less of the cost. Its just not a fun thing for me prefer to spend my money in another way and when we do go out only order water. My best friend owned three restaurants and he once told me he didn't make money on food he made all his money over the bar
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.