How much does it cost to live in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2011, 04:44 PM

We are targeting the $250,000.00 range, plus or minus $25,000.00
Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM

Charlton dude - Premier homes are the most costly, Designer homes are what I think you're looking for in that price range. Never heard of "Executive" homes.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
Charlton dude - Premier homes are the most costly, Designer homes are what I think you're looking for in that price range. Never heard of "Executive" homes.
ducati is right once again.

Charletondude.

go to thevillages.com and look under resale homes. You will be able to compare homes. It is easier after awhile to decide on exactly how much square footage you want, and that narrows down the search a bit.

With the amount of money you are talking about you will be able to have a wide selection of designer homes and beautiful villas too. BUT you might fall in love with a cottage...you just never know.

I spent hours looking at the homes for sale on the site before we came down here to look and the homes for sale in MLS too. And I kept track as well as I could of the prices and what you can get for a certain price range.

It is also wise to make a list of things that you are looking for in a home. Some of those might be golf cart garage, rear privacy, you already mentioned a bigger lot, mature landscaping, block and stucco or frame, Enclosed lanai or screened, sometimes in that range you can get a pool too.

I think it was kind of fun looking every day at the new listings.

I wish you luck in finding just the right place.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you are looking for SPACE and would look at Premiers, there are two priced lower than what I would have expected in the village of Harmeswood. Much lower than the other homes in that village. I don't think either are listed through The Villages.

We are renting in Harmeswood while our home is being built.
Harmeswood is also gorgeous and not like any other Village. Lots of privacy.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Thank you.

So let me see if I understand this properly.

It sounds like it could make better economic sense to buy a resale, as opposed to new to reduce the amount owed on a bond. Correct?

I need to be very careful which house I put an offer on, as the true amount owed on a bond or CDD can vary greatly, depending on if the owner owes the amount or decided to pay it off. Correct? I wonder how can I discover those numbers prior to actually making an offer.

We will not have a mortgage. We will be paying cah. How does this affect any payments due?
Charlton Dude, I am just a TV wannabee, but I have been to several TV open houses on my 2 previous visits to TV. I always ask the TV sales rep or the MLS real estate agent what the bond balance is, and how much the bond payment is each year. On some resales you will see advertised -- "low bond balance" or "bond paid off." I believe the TV homes located in Lake County did not have a bond, only the TV homes in Marion County and Sumter County had/or have bonds -- but someone correct me if I am wrong on this. Last time I was in TV in July I looked at a new patio villa in Buttonwood -- I believe the bond on that was about $12K. Definitely something to think about...resale with bond paid off/lower bond balance or new construction with a larger bond balance. Good luck in your home search.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 09-02-2011 at 07:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
You are right. It is the Designer series we are looking at. The Premier might be too expensive to pay cash for us.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:12 PM

Thank you for the wonderful information. Moving to a metropolitan area after living my life in the country, (where one has their own well for water, and only has to think about taxes and insurance) I need all the information I can get.

(must be politically correct)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.