I keep hearing from friends You are buying a Lifestyle NOT a House

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Oh. The LOT!

Sorry. As you can see, I was taken aback.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
We would want to go smaller in the 2500-2800SF range, 1 floor and 3 car garage.
The only homes that fit that bill are what TV calls the premier series. For the most part they only come in certain areas and at much, much higher price tags than the other areas of TV. But they are available.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I have heard from a number of friends that own or have visited and their comment is always the same.

"You are buying a lifestyle NOT a House.

There meaning is the homes are pretty bland with few upgrades, pretty much production builder quality, style etc. unless you want to spend 800K+

We heard this again last night at a cocktail party from a couple who visited and shopped around for 4 days and decided they would summer in Toronto and live on their boat in Ft Lauderdale in the winter.

Is this true?

What can you get for 500K?
All real estate is location...location...location. It is no different here in The Villages. If you main interest is a life of leisure and a fun and diverse retirement, The Villages is the location. The next step is to find a place to hang your hat at your desired location.

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.

Anonymous
Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Veteran member
Default ITS THE LIFESTYLE - If you don't understand buy a house anyplace!

Quote:
I have heard from a number of friends that own or have visited and their comment is always the same.

"You are buying a lifestyle NOT a House.

There meaning is the homes are pretty bland with few upgrades, pretty much production builder quality, style etc. unless you want to spend 800K+

We heard this again last night at a cocktail party from a couple who visited and shopped around for 4 days and decided they would summer in Toronto and live on their boat in Ft Lauderdale in the winter.

Is this true?

What can you get for 500K?
I guess it all depends on your frame of reference and what you expect in a house. But for a lot less then $500 you can get a beautiful 2500 sq feet on a golf course and even a pool with waterfall. Builder is now allowing a lot of upgrades and modifications but you start with a model (that tend to change ofter) and can do bumps to it.

Your buying a lifestyle not a house means your coming to The Villages because there is no place in the world that will have this lifestyle (or even come close) and Quality of living. The housing here can be purchased someplace else and perhaps even cheaper but it won't be The Villages and if housing is you prime consideration and not lifestyle I'm sure you can find a nice house to fill your needs any place else. Ft Lauderdale in the winter might be nice for a week or even two but I got a feeling there are a lot more negatives about Ft Lauderdale then are perhaps obvious (But to be honest you can't live on your boat in the Villages). You need to just come to the Villages and feel the Life. Its every where, you can see it and feel it. Its not for everyone but with our rate of growth it sure is for a lot. Sorry - I swore I was going to stop sounding like a sales men. We really don't need any more active, friendly, happy people who complain very little about anything except perhaps the cool weather. (the builder I'm sure will disagree with that)
Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Oh. The LOT!

Sorry. As you can see, I was taken aback.
Me too and I wrote it!
12,000 sf of house could house a lot of people.

I do appreciate all of the replies. Yes we will visit someday in the future as TV might be an option for us. One never knows.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Me too and I wrote it!
12,000 sf of house could house a lot of people.

I do appreciate all of the replies. Yes we will visit someday in the future as TV might be an option for us. One never knows.
keith - It's only a short drive over to TV from where you are in Orlando. Take part of a day and come on out to check things over.....then you can start to decide on your own!

But keep in mind: It's really tough to get the full perspective of everything TV represents in just one trip. Given your close proximity, it would be pretty easy for you to make several trips over time to check things out.

Hop in that yellow 'Bird and get on the road to TV!!!!!

Bill
Old 01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
The only homes that fit that bill are what TV calls the premier series. For the most part they only come in certain areas and at much, much higher price tags than the other areas of TV. But they are available.
There was a premier close-out reduced to below $390K in the paper yesterday. Probably not much of a view at that price point. There's also the premier with the great outdoor space and views that many of us walked through this summer that's now reduced to just under $1.5M in the paper today.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
.........There's also the premier with the great outdoor space and views that many of us walked through this summer that's now reduced to just under $1.5M in the paper today.
Better jump on that one, logdog. It is YOU!!

WHEW!! $1.5M.....that takes my breath away! We've seen it and walked through it this past summer as well. Really nice place..........but that's a bunch of bucks!

Bill
Old 01-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Veteran member
Default $500 buys a lot of house

Sniff, sniff - not to by a cynic, but do I smell a spoof?

Sorry if I am wrong, but Keith has a 12,000 square foot house - and is willing to settle for something smaller like 2,800 square feet?

The $1.48 million home advertised in the Daily Sun is less than 12,000 square feet - and Keith says his is going to be easy to sell.

Again, I apologize if I am wrong, but I get the feeling someone is getting a good time pulling our collective legs.

I do realize there are some extremely wealthy people here but this one seems like a spoof to me.

Last edited by Tbugs; 01-22-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: extra
Old 01-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Platinum member

There is a Gardenia (Designer home) built on the golf course, on my block. It is the only available house remaining. AND there are great neighbors!!! $410,000 cut from $428,000. Check out Kincord Court.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post

Sorry if I am wrong, but Keith has a 12,000 square foot house - and is willing to settle for something smaller like 2,800 square feet?

The $1.48 million home advertised in the Daily Sun is less than 12,000 square feet - and Keith says his is going to be easy to sell.

Again, I apologize if I am wrong, but I get the feeling someone is getting a good time pulling our collective legs.

I do realize there are some extremely wealthy people here but this one seems like a spoof to me.
12,000 s/f is the size of the lot his house sits on Tbugs, not the square footage of his house.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post

Already stated that he meant lot size. Not house size.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Veteran member
Default public apology

I misread the message. I do stand corrected and apologize.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
12 Thousand square feet?
Holy bowlegged Sarah!
Great catch gg.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.