I want to move to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
Cane Garden is a good choice. We like the Lighthouse, right on the lake. Great view, and if the weather is nice and not too windy go for sitting outside on the back deck. I think it is covered. I always get shrimp, but maybe some "frogs" can give you a better idea of the different choices and quality. We all have different tastes when it comes to food, so what's good to me may be "yuke" to someone else!
Catfish at the Lighthouse. Yum. Say Hello to Charlotte. She is the bird on the pole to the left.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Catfish at the Lighthouse. Yum. Say Hello to Charlotte. She is the bird on the pole to the left.
Here is a picture taken a few years ago at the Lighthouse of a golf buddy of mine. I forgot the drink he had, but never saw such a short glass. We are still laughing about the "shorty" he had.

The Lighthouse is just one of my favorites.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	short drink at the villages.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	236  
Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
village_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
Cane Garden is a good choice. We like the Lighthouse, right on the lake. Great view, and if the weather is nice and not too windy go for sitting outside on the back deck. I think it is covered. I always get shrimp, but maybe some "frogs" can give you a better idea of the different choices and quality. We all have different tastes when it comes to food, so what's good to me may be "yuke" to someone else!
Mmmm, sounds yummy to me, we love seafood. I'll look both of those places up. Thanks jbbama!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Smile Tv bound

Hi EVERYONE !

My sister and her husband have visited the villages and were very impressed. Next March I will be 65 and hope to retire. I have been a Reg Nurse for 39 yrs and hope to get a part time job after I retire. My sister and I are going to visit some of her husband's family in Oct. who live in TV. After seeing the video and reading what everyone here has to say, TV seems like the perfect place for me. Can't wait to visit.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

The Lighthouse is a very good place to eat. Beautiful view of Lake Sumter especially at sunset on their deck. Kind of noisy inside, though.

I highly recommend the Butterfish sauteed. It is usually on the Monday special and is $10.95. Dang, I just made myself hungry.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Sage

Village Gal;

Bravo for getting your husband to agree to go for the day.

If he decides he loves being in TV, you might want to consider staying overnight at the Marriott in Spanish Springs. It is a short walking distance to the square as you mentioned he tires easily.

The suggestion about the trolley tour is excellent and hearing a great band in the squares mght help him to see TV is a wonderful place to live in. If you arrange to meet some of the members of this forum would be a big help to see how wonderful people are.

As always, the members have provide great suggestions.

I hope your visit is memorable to you and him. Best Wishes.

Last edited by 2BNTV; 04-29-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Wrong Quote Posted
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Sage
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda,Florida View Post
Hi EVERYONE !

My sister and her husband have visited the villages and were very impressed. Next March I will be 65 and hope to retire. I have been a Reg Nurse for 39 yrs and hope to get a part time job after I retire. My sister and I are going to visit some of her husband's family in Oct. who live in TV. After seeing the video and reading what everyone here has to say, TV seems like the perfect place for me. Can't wait to visit.
Linda, Florida,

to TOTV. Enjoy your visit to TV in October. I would recommend that you take the Trolley Tour from the TV sales office in Lake Sumter Landing. If you have time, I would also go to some open houses as there seem to be open houses just about every day in TV. The open houses are advertised in the Daily Sun. Best of luck to you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.