Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   If you don't know how to post, please read this now (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/if-you-dont-know-how-post-please-read-now-30869/)

Bogie Shooter 05-17-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzie304 (Post 1227888)
How do I post items for sale?

See post #51...........................

Bogie Shooter 12-04-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loronthego (Post 1484828)
Is there a lost and found section on this site? Never used this site before. I found a very expensive necklace and would like to get it back to the owner. No one have looked for it at the villages lost and found or the police station. I was hoping word of mouth might find the owner. Thanks

There is a Lost & Found Forum. Post a new thread there.

CWGUY 12-04-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loronthego (Post 1484828)
Is there a lost and found section on this site? Never used this site before. I found a very expensive necklace and would like to get it back to the owner. No one have looked for it at the villages lost and found or the police station. I was hoping word of mouth might find the owner. Thanks

:read: The Villages has more than one Lost and Found. and

6 Police Depts. or Agencies.

http://www.districtgov.org/images/Lo...nes.pdf?v=1017

Or Community Watch 352-753-0550

vintageogauge 12-04-2017 04:24 PM

There was someone that lost jewelry at the Brownwood tree lighting Friday evening. It was new in a store bag when she lost it. I can't remember if it was on here or on TV Facebook page though.

Villagevip 12-04-2017 08:07 PM

I have never found away to delete a post, or responding to a thread, to delete the next morning.. this after a late night tequilas...

dewilson58 12-05-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1485217)
I have never found away to delete a post, or responding to a thread, to delete the next morning.. this after a late night tequilas...

No deleting.

Go in & edit and type three characters.

Barefoot 12-05-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1485217)

For some reason, there is no way to delete a post.
dewilson is correct --- if you hit the "edit" button and delete the post, that works.
But strangely, you must substitute three letters or symbols, like /// or *** or aaa.

Missyz 08-13-2018 08:08 AM

I’m also wondering if my picture is attached to my messages? It’s in my profile but when I send a message, it shows a question mark next to my post where the picture should be! I’m also new to the villages..... single 60 year young woman looking to meet some friends to show me around!!!

algemo 11-17-2018 02:24 PM

I'm a newby. How do you respond to a classified a?. I need furniture! I click on the ad and only get a blank page. Thanks

KeithDB 08-06-2019 07:27 AM

How can you get a post "stickied"?

KeithDB 08-06-2019 09:57 PM

Sticky Question.

How can I get a thread I create "stickied"?

OrangeBlossomBaby 08-06-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithDB (Post 1671010)
How can I get a thread I create "stickied"?

You can't. Threads get stickied if the moderators/admin of the forum feel it's something that is important to know indefinitely.

You can subscribe to threads, so you always have quick access to it whenever someone responds in it.

Also whenever someone responds, it automatically jumps up to the top of the "most recently posted" list.

Also, this is a vBulletin forum. There's a hard-coded maximum limit as to how many stickies the moderators are capable of setting in a given category. If I remember right, that max cap can be raised if they pay for add-ons, but at some point there is a max that even add-ons can't exceed.

KeithDB 08-07-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1671020)
You can't. Threads get stickied if the moderators/admin of the forum feel it's something that is important to know indefinitely.

You can subscribe to threads, so you always have quick access to it whenever someone responds in it.

Also whenever someone responds, it automatically jumps up to the top of the "most recently posted" list.

Also, this is a vBulletin forum. There's a hard-coded maximum limit as to how many stickies the moderators are capable of setting in a given category. If I remember right, that max cap can be raised if they pay for add-ons, but at some point there is a max that even add-ons can't exceed.

Thanks!

TCRSO 11-30-2019 07:14 AM

Post Deleted

Recently posted an a post in the TV General Discussion asking if there would be interest in an NRA Women on Target Clinic.

The post was apparently deleted but I did not receive any notice or explanation.

Was it in the wrong topic? Not permitted for some reason?

I did not see any info on the page which would indicate such post are prohibited

Thanks

anothersteve 11-30-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCRSO (Post 1698131)
Recently posted an a post in the TV General Discussion asking if there would be interest in an NRA Women on Target Clinic.

The post was apparently deleted but I did not receive any notice or explanation.

Was it in the wrong topic? Not permitted for some reason?

I did not see any info on the page which would indicate such post are prohibited

Thanks

Probably because it was firearm (NRA :ohdear:) related.
Steve