If you’re planning to build...

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 09:49 AM
Default If you’re planning to build...

This is a heads up to anyone planning to build in The Villages. DO NOT let them sell you on Samsung appliances! Not only are they terrible but there are no repairmen in central FL. The closest is Gainesville and they only have 1 or 2 who can work on appliances. Every local company I talked to, including in Ocala, said they don’t touch them. Save yourself the headache and choose something else. Wish we had 🙁
Old 05-14-2021, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
This is a heads up to anyone planning to build in The Villages. DO NOT let them sell you on Samsung appliances! Not only are they terrible but there are no repairmen in central FL. The closest is Gainesville and they only have 1 or 2 who can work on appliances. Every local company I talked to, including in Ocala, said they don’t touch them. Save yourself the headache and choose something else. Wish we had 🙁
We have Whirlpool. Samsung must be new. I found this blog from a large appliance repair in Massachussetts. It has figures on Appliance repair. I have never lived on the East Coast and I don't know this fellow. I didn't check the date either but here;

Are Samsung Appliances Reliable? (Reviews)

I am sorry you had trouble with your refrigerator.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

The put in all whirlpool into our home including a washing and dryer. For some reason they put a cheap tiny fridge in. It looked funny in the spot, to short, to skinny. We just bought a full-size Samsung side by side fridge from Home Depot. Hopefully it will last.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

We just recently built and they were pushing GE appliances. There is a severe appliance shortage right now. I'm guessing they're selling whatever they can get their hands on. We're still waiting on our wall oven/microwave and our range hood.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-14-2021, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We just recently built and they were pushing GE appliances. There is a severe appliance shortage right now. I'm guessing they're selling whatever they can get their hands on. We're still waiting on our wall oven/microwave and our range hood.
That makes sense. That probably explains it.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

TV switched from whirlpool and GE to Samsung, on new builds. In less than 2 years the problems started. No one will touch them under warranty or out. Both of our fridges died (18 & 11yo Whirlpools one in TV, up north, in 2020) Inventory was limited, but most had Samsung in stock. Basically told if there was a problem with Samsung, you must have 3 failures before Samsung would replace, plus didn’t have anyone that would work on them.

Our utility companies have warranties to purchase, cheap, but would not write any Samsung. So we bought a Frigidaire up north, mainly it was the only one available in 2020, and not a Samsung.
In TV we went with whirlpool, same story, if you bought Samsung, no service
Old 05-15-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We have Whirlpool. Samsung must be new. I found this blog from a large appliance repair in Massachussetts. It has figures on Appliance repair. I have never lived on the East Coast and I don't know this fellow. I didn't check the date either but here;

I think you're the one that's new lol. Samsung is a high-tech company that's been around a long time and has been making electronics highly competitive and high-quality items for a while. They are from South Korea.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Who knows why they're selling Samsung right now but it certainly isn't because it's cheap. They are very expensive and very high quality. Yes certainly hard to get fixed with the technicians but that's because they are such high quality and such high tech.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:33 AM

I've had my Samsung refrigerator serviced 5 times in the past year. Last Thursday, 4 repairmen installed new patrs. I'm hoping the problems are resolved. My advice- DON'T buy a Samsung refrigerator!
Old 05-15-2021, 05:36 AM

We have no problems with Samsung in our home. The only issue is the dishwasher which seems “tinny” and is noisy. With open floor plan you hear it everywhere. When this one dies we’ll replace with a quieter model.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:00 AM
Default Samsung tv and refrigerators Aaron garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiltongrizz11 View Post
I think you're the one that's new lol. Samsung is a high-tech company that's been around a long time and has been making electronics highly competitive and high-quality items for a while. They are from South Korea.
They used to be ok till sales volume pushed production to China
I bought a new French door fridge that can’t make ice and a 65 inch flatscreen power board sizzled ( luckily I could fix that myself with a 75 dollar eBay replacement)
Old 05-15-2021, 06:19 AM
Veteran member

Had a Samsung washer for 5 years with no problems. I believe there was an earlier thread about trouble getting a Samsung refrigerator repaired.

I recommend an extended warranty. Bought one from Best Buy for 5 years.

Good advice about consulting local repair companies first. There are several recommended in previous threads.

I wonder if you have the option of not purchasing appliances. Anyone know? If so I would purchase one from Best Buy or other reputable chain with extended warranty options and possibly better prices.

Last edited by ithos; 05-15-2021 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

For $2,000 or less you can get four new appliances for your kitchen, for 1,000 or less you can get a washer and dryer also
Old 05-15-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

An interesting article. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:00 AM
Sage

We had an appliance repair man come for something awhile back (we don't have Samsung). The conversation got around to brands and he told us Samsung is junk. I wish we were back in the old days when stores were locally owned and you could buy products through them. Big Box stores seem worthless (even if their up front prices seem good)!!! We've been married 56 yrs this summer. Our 1st appliances lasted many years. When we bought our house 12 yrs ago, we went to Appliance Plus on 441/27 and got our washer and drier. Don't remember the brands, but they're basic---do the job and have worked fine. Did have to replace their knobs though. Our kitchen appliances are about 10 yrs old, I think. We replaced the builder-grade when friends of ours were remodeling their kitchen and wanted to get rid of their one-yr old, top of the line GE for stainless. We've only had to replace the microwave from that set. Used to be Whirlpool and one other brand (I don't recall the name) were great products. Hope we don't have to begin replacing any, anytime soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
appliances, build, planning, local, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.