Tell me your "gator" stories from TV!

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Default Tell me your "gator" stories from TV!

Are they a concern? Do you see them? Where are they most seen? Has anyone or any pet been killed or injured by them? And, do they really taste like chicken?
Old 11-27-2018, 12:19 AM

Two years ago on the 14th hole of Arnold Palmer a gator approached me. My first reaction was to run like a little girl, but my he-man instincts took over and I challenged him to a boxing match. He stood on his rear legs and we went toe to toe, man to gator and fought it out . His short arms proved to be a great disadvantage to him and I peppered him with numerous jabs to his snout before landing a haymaker to his gigantic jaw, an easy target. He went reeling backward. I finished him with a nine iron to the skull. He ran away sniveling like the cowardly creature he was. My advice to anyone who encounters a gator is to fight on your own terms. They’re terrible boxers.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:58 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
Two years ago on the 14th hole of Arnold Palmer a gator approached me. My first reaction was to run like a little girl, but my he-man instincts took over and I challenged him to a boxing match. He stood on his rear legs and we went toe to toe, man to gator and fought it out . His short arms proved to be a great disadvantage to him and I peppered him with numerous jabs to his snout before landing a haymaker to his gigantic jaw, an easy target. He went reeling backward. I finished him with a nine iron to the skull. He ran away sniveling like the cowardly creature he was. My advice to anyone who encounters a gator is to fight on your own terms. They’re terrible boxers.
Sounds like the same one that tried to pick a fight with me. About 7 foot tall, poor green complextion, poor disposition and short reach?
Old 11-27-2018, 08:10 AM

A year ago last spring I was sitting on the couch about 6 PM when I heard a knock at the front door. Normal time for the UPS man to come around.i looked towards the door and saw a shadow. I got up and went to front door thinking a package had been delivered. Opened the door and bent down only to find a four foot gator staring me in the face. Slammed the door shut and texted my wife to say you always wanted to see a gator up close, we have one at the front door. She said yeah right so I sent her a picture I took from the front yard. Next thing I knew I had half the neighborhood in the yard asking me what I was going to do. I got a garbage can,picked up the gator and took him to a local pond. True story!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 11-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
That is something right out of Mad TV.

On a serious note, a number of years ago a dog got taken near a pond around Sumter Landing-- a WESTIE I think-- and its owner jumped in a wrestled the gator and pulled the pooch away. There was some injury to the dog but none to the man that I remember. It made the national news and the guy posted in here (Talk of the Villages) a little bit under the name Gator Gus.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We saw Larry the Gator on the Trolley ride somewhere around Brownwood. The only other one we spotted was in the pond on the right when you are coming over the Golf Cart Bridge from The Historic Section. It was thrilling but by the time I fumbled with the camera in the Cell Phone, it was gone.

I understand your question but it is a Non Issue really once you live here other than using common sense. I can't tell you how much it bothers me to see an adult fishing near a pond with little kids standing on the bank of the pond. But just like Golf Carts and other issues if the kids aren't mine then mum's the word!

Just move here and don't worry about the BIG SNAKES!

I would never order Gator Bites. I tried someone else's and didn't care for them.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The guy across the street and two doors down married one.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage

There is a great recipe in Martha Stewart Living this month for gator brownies.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:10 AM

We have one, and sometimes two, 4 to 5 foot gators that often visit and hang out in and around the retention pond behind our Veranda. They can't climb the 3' vertical stone wall behind our home so we don't worry too much about close encounters. Along with the other wildlife around here, this is their environment and we are just living in it.

But for what it's worth, yes gator tail tastes remarkably like chicken, as do frog legs. I tend to just stick with the chicken.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:16 AM

That is TERRIBLE advice, Yung Dum!

The one I boxed sued me. He was a litigator.

While I was in court his cousin nipped me from behind. He was a tailgator.

The bite got infected and now I have gatoraids.

I don't think you're human, Yung Dum. You're nothing but an instigator!
Old 11-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Best pair of Golf Shoes I own.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-21-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmarkp View Post
That is TERRIBLE advice, Yung Dum!

The one I boxed sued me. He was a litigator.

While I was in court his cousin nipped me from behind. He was a tailgator.

The bite got infected and now I have gatoraids.

I don't think you're human, Yung Dum. You're nothing but an instigator!
I can help. I am a mitagator.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I can help. I am a mitagator.
Mrs. Gracie, you have to admit that was in the top ten posts of the year! Bravo!
Old 11-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

My best gator story. Every year on the Saturday following Thanksgiving is when we do the family Thanksgiving at my sister in laws house. My brother in law a die hard gator fan has 6 TV's in the house. All on and all tuned into the game. Of course I pick the seminoles to make the day more interesting. This year to my surprise we have half the TV's tuned into the Ohio State game. I ask hey what gives ? I hear some mumblings about this guy Urban Meyers and something about Benedict Arnold. The next sentence is if I had a choice I'd rather see Ohio State lose than the Gators win. My sister law comes in the room and makes the small talk with me. Says what do you have to be thankful for this year ? I say thankful for Urban development.
Closed Thread

Tags
killed, injured, pet, chicken, taste

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.