I'm New, I'm Blue, and I'm Confused Too [Marsh Bend vs Linden]

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I think your concerns are valid.

We have lived in Osceola Hills for three years. We love going to Marsh Bend to walk the wonderful trail around Hogeye Marsh and to play the beautiful Marshview golf course.

We have no intention of moving, but if we were, we would definitely prefer Monarch Grove. It will have much less traffic than MB and it will easier to get out to a main road.
I think you may have the traffic situation backwards.

Looking at the map and growth to come the potential traffic on Corbin Trail going south would be much greater. Corbin Trail will cut through from CR501 at Linden down to CR470. Marsh Bend Trail goes form Warm Springs to US301. The Corbin Trail area is about 3x larger than the area serviced by Marsh Bend.

Obviously we don't know what they have planned for south of Monarch Grove but to think it will be less that what is happening now in the areas being developed would buck a very long standing trend. Don't forget also that the Bailey Bridge is slated to be updated to carry both GC and auto traffic and will dump traffic into the area just south of Monarch Grove.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	166 2019-07-11 07.35.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	80125  
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-11-2019, 07:09 AM

Great information Don, thank you for adding to the conversation !!
Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Looking at the map and growth to come the potential traffic on Corbin Trail going south would be much greater. Corbin Trail will cut through from CR501 at Linden down to CR470. Marsh Bend Trail goes form Warm Springs to US301. The Corbin Trail area is about 3x larger than the area serviced by Marsh Bend.
I agree with that prediction.

However, I think people living in Monarch Grove will have an easy time getting out to the main road CR501. In addition to Corbin Trail, they could leave on Reagan Road or the new Knudson Run.

When we play at the Marshview golf course in Marsh Bend, we notice that it is a long drive just to reach Warm Springs Avenue. All of the new homes being built in De Luna will also be driving along that stretch of road and I think it will be very congested.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Don't forget also that the Bailey Bridge is slated to be updated to carry both GC and auto traffic and will dump traffic into the area just south of Monarch Grove.
And into the new Southern Oaks Square
Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

When is traffic heaviest in the area?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
When is traffic heaviest in the area?
Snowbird season, Jan thru April.

Since there are a lot of smaller homes (villas, cabanas, etc) in the Southern area, I suspect there will be a higher percentage of homes that are vacant during the off-season (like now) and occupied during snowbird season, which means there will be a larger increase in traffic than in the other areas of TV.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:05 AM
Michael Charles

If you actually place a deposit on a lot in order to build, you are "allowed" to change your mind once and only once only to purchase another lot OR you are "allowed" to transfer your deposit to a SPEC home. We met with our sales agent to design our home and during that few days of lot selection we kept looking at SPEC homes to see flooring, trim packages, appliances and cabinets. We were about to drop off a check for our lot of choice in order to build then went to see one more home that was "just released" for sale that day. We liked that home very much so the sales agent put that SPEC home "on hold" for us for a couple of hours. We went out for lunch then decided to buy the SPEC home.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:27 PM
Default Noise FL TP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
We reserved a lot in Marsh Bend and decided a lot in Linden met more of our needs. Our choice was based on the ability to build a pool and extend the lanai to the max. We are now building our "dream home". Fourth home in The Villages and not counting any more.
Did being too close to the FL Turnpike influence your decision at all? Looks like many homes & lots in Marsh Bend & Monarch Grove are too close to the highway!

Last edited by Sabrina&Bill; 12-20-2019 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Omitted Villages MG & MB.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Always great to welcome another PA transplant....

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-21-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Did being too close to the FL Turnpike influence your decision at all? Looks like many homes & lots in Marsh Bend & Monarch Grove are too close to the highway!
Actually, not at all. Our decision was based mainly on the lot size. The lot in Marsh Bend was a bit small than the one we built our home in The Village of Linden. Also, I can walk to Riverbend Rec Center.

Tags
lot, year, put, bend, retiring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.