I'm New, I'm Blue, and I'm Confused Too [Marsh Bend vs Linden]

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2019, 10:15 AM
Default I'm New, I'm Blue, and I'm Confused Too [Marsh Bend vs Linden]

Hello,

My wife and I just put money down on a lot in Linden, but we love Marsh Bend too. Has anyone had a similar experience where you put a lot in reserve, but in the mean time watched for lots or homes to become available in another Village you liked a little better?

First post also, Lancaster County PA resident, retiring in the next 12 months, did Lifestyle last year, rented in Hillsborough this year, leaning heavily on by/build a Begonia or Jasmine, which both will fit on reserved lot.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts or comments, Go Eagles, and have a great summer !!

MrExcite721
Old 06-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Both Villages have some nice lots. We can also “Monday Morning” some of our choices and as The Villages continues to grow there will be lots that might be as good as the one you first picked. Remember it’s a lifestyle and in my experience of 13 plus years the house becomes less important than the neighbors you happen to “draw”.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

Both are good choices. My concern with Marsh Bend is how congested and busy it might be with all that is going to be there, rec. center, shopping plaza, ball fields, soccer, RC boats and cars, pitch and put, Cattail, etc., it could take a long time to get out to Warm Springs once everything is completed. However, there are probably just as many people that like a busy area with all the amenities as do not. This is just a personal opinion.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExcite721 View Post
Hello,

My wife and I just put money down on a lot in Linden, but we love Marsh Bend too. Has anyone had a similar experience where you put a lot in reserve, but in the mean time watched for lots or homes to become available in another Village you liked a little better?

First post also, Lancaster County PA resident, retiring in the next 12 months, did Lifestyle last year, rented in Hillsborough this year, leaning heavily on by/build a Begonia or Jasmine, which both will fit on reserved lot.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts or comments, Go Eagles, and have a great summer !!

MrExcite721
Yes...we put money down on a lot in March with a June Design meeting scheduled. When we put down the deposit on the lot, we knew we had one opportunity to change our mind and select a different lot or purchase a Villages property (new or pre-owned and listed by TV). We had second thoughts about the lot as being too close to Warm Springs (468) and started looking around. Found two homes in DeSoto that we were debating and then found one in McClure that fit most of our needs. We closed a month later.

There are updated/newer home models available but you need to decide what meets your needs...and that's difficult. We found that we needed to be able to "downsize" in our thinking as well as in our actual possessions. Tough to do. Whatever you decide, just get to know your awesome neighbors and choose some activities. Start living the LifeStyle! Best wishes!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

Why are you blue? Are you homesick, nervous or what? I don’t understand your consternation. Anxiety is not unusual when making a big move, be assured you will love it here and make good friends.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:47 AM

I understand your anxiety,although we haven't put any money down yet,we have gone back and forth many times on floor plans and series of home. We are still over a year out from retirement so I see all these nice new Villages but I know as they fill up a new Village will begin. I think we will be in the exact same predicament next year at this time. We will wonder if we are buying too much house or not enough. I think if you listen to all these supportive long time Villagers who always say it's more about the lifestyle in TV and the friends you make. All will go well if you keep a positive outlook and be open to all the new experiences ahead. Good luck friends and see you in TV soon.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:55 AM

They say the average Villager moves 3 times, probably because we realize we downsized too much, not enough, prefer a different model or become entranced with a new area. We recently moved to Fenney but were instantly attracted to Marsh Bend after we walked the Hogeye reserve. We love the peace and quiet in the Fenney area but will always keep an eye out. Your reservations are entirely normal. It's like being in a candy store!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:34 AM

We reserved a lot in Marsh Bend and decided a lot in Linden met more of our needs. Our choice was based on the ability to build a pool and extend the lanai to the max. We are now building our "dream home". Fourth home in The Villages and not counting any more.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mills3186 View Post
They say the average Villager moves 3 times, probably because we realize we downsized too much, not enough, prefer a different model or become entranced with a new area. We recently moved to Fenney but were instantly attracted to Marsh Bend after we walked the Hogeye reserve. We love the peace and quiet in the Fenney area but will always keep an eye out. Your reservations are entirely normal. It's like being in a candy store!

While admittedly a small sample, based on this unofficial poll (margin of error +-90%)...methinks "they" are wrong.

THEY (Poke Here)

Old 06-15-2019, 11:40 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mills3186 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

While admittedly a small sample, based on this unofficial poll (margin of error +-90%)...methinks "they" are wrong.

THEY (Poke Here)

THEY = real estate sales people!
Old 06-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
THEY = real estate sales people!
Yep!
Old 06-18-2019, 11:47 AM

To All:

Thank you very much for your thoughts and feedback, it is a great resource to keep with us moving forward. We are in town over the 4th to pick the final destination, fingers crossed. I will post some updates when it all goes down.

To my future neighbors, we appreciate your warm welcomes, and the feeling is mutual !!
Old 07-10-2019, 06:47 AM

Well, we did it !!!

Bought an Indigo on Demarco Drive in Marsh Bend. Close in August, move in spring of 2020. Thanks again for all of the insight. See you in The Villages !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExcite721 View Post
Well, we did it !!!

Bought an Indigo on Demarco Drive in Marsh Bend. Close in August, move in spring of 2020. Thanks again for all of the insight. See you in The Villages !!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to you. Let the move in countdown clock begin now!
Old 07-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
My concern with Marsh Bend is how congested and busy it might be with all that is going to be there, rec. center, shopping plaza, ball fields, soccer, RC boats and cars, pitch and put, Cattail, etc., it could take a long time to get out to Warm Springs once everything is completed.
I think your concerns are valid.

We have lived in Osceola Hills for three years. We love going to Marsh Bend to walk the wonderful trail around Hogeye Marsh and to play the beautiful Marshview golf course.

We have no intention of moving, but if we were, we would definitely prefer Monarch Grove. It will have much less traffic than MB and it will easier to get out to a main road.
Closed Thread

Tags
lot, year, put, bend, retiring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.