I'm New, I'm Blue, and I'm Confused Too [Marsh Bend vs Linden]

I'm New, I'm Blue, and I'm Confused Too [Marsh Bend vs Linden]

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-15-2019, 11:53 AM
ColdNoMore's Avatar
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 8,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
THEY = real estate sales people!
Yep!
__________________
Standing up for the underdog and against bullies...every chance I get.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 06-18-2019, 11:47 AM
MrExcite721 MrExcite721 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Default

To All:

Thank you very much for your thoughts and feedback, it is a great resource to keep with us moving forward. We are in town over the 4th to pick the final destination, fingers crossed. I will post some updates when it all goes down.

To my future neighbors, we appreciate your warm welcomes, and the feeling is mutual !!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 07-10-2019, 06:47 AM
MrExcite721 MrExcite721 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Well, we did it !!!

Bought an Indigo on Demarco Drive in Marsh Bend. Close in August, move in spring of 2020. Thanks again for all of the insight. See you in The Villages !!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Schaumburger's Avatar
Schaumburger Schaumburger is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL - Chicago suburb - TV Wannabee
Posts: 4,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExcite721 View Post
Well, we did it !!!

Bought an Indigo on Demarco Drive in Marsh Bend. Close in August, move in spring of 2020. Thanks again for all of the insight. See you in The Villages !!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to you. Let the move in countdown clock begin now!
__________________
Born and raised in Dubuque, Iowa. Chicago 1979 to 1986. Northwest Suburbs of Chicago - Schaumburg since 1988.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2019, 01:44 PM
VApeople VApeople is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
My concern with Marsh Bend is how congested and busy it might be with all that is going to be there, rec. center, shopping plaza, ball fields, soccer, RC boats and cars, pitch and put, Cattail, etc., it could take a long time to get out to Warm Springs once everything is completed.
I think your concerns are valid.

We have lived in Osceola Hills for three years. We love going to Marsh Bend to walk the wonderful trail around Hogeye Marsh and to play the beautiful Marshview golf course.

We have no intention of moving, but if we were, we would definitely prefer Monarch Grove. It will have much less traffic than MB and it will easier to get out to a main road.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Goldwingnut's Avatar
Goldwingnut Goldwingnut is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I think your concerns are valid.

We have lived in Osceola Hills for three years. We love going to Marsh Bend to walk the wonderful trail around Hogeye Marsh and to play the beautiful Marshview golf course.

We have no intention of moving, but if we were, we would definitely prefer Monarch Grove. It will have much less traffic than MB and it will easier to get out to a main road.
I think you may have the traffic situation backwards.

Looking at the map and growth to come the potential traffic on Corbin Trail going south would be much greater. Corbin Trail will cut through from CR501 at Linden down to CR470. Marsh Bend Trail goes form Warm Springs to US301. The Corbin Trail area is about 3x larger than the area serviced by Marsh Bend.

Obviously we don't know what they have planned for south of Monarch Grove but to think it will be less that what is happening now in the areas being developed would buck a very long standing trend. Don't forget also that the Bailey Bridge is slated to be updated to carry both GC and auto traffic and will dump traffic into the area just south of Monarch Grove.
Attached Thumbnails
166-2019-07-11-07-35-jpg  
__________________
GoldWingNut
(a motorcycle enthusiast not a gilded fastener)
Village of Hillsborough
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:09 AM
MrExcite721 MrExcite721 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Great information Don, thank you for adding to the conversation !!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 AM
VApeople VApeople is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Looking at the map and growth to come the potential traffic on Corbin Trail going south would be much greater. Corbin Trail will cut through from CR501 at Linden down to CR470. Marsh Bend Trail goes form Warm Springs to US301. The Corbin Trail area is about 3x larger than the area serviced by Marsh Bend.
I agree with that prediction.

However, I think people living in Monarch Grove will have an easy time getting out to the main road CR501. In addition to Corbin Trail, they could leave on Reagan Road or the new Knudson Run.

When we play at the Marshview golf course in Marsh Bend, we notice that it is a long drive just to reach Warm Springs Avenue. All of the new homes being built in De Luna will also be driving along that stretch of road and I think it will be very congested.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Robbie0723's Avatar
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Don't forget also that the Bailey Bridge is slated to be updated to carry both GC and auto traffic and will dump traffic into the area just south of Monarch Grove.
And into the new Southern Oaks Square
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Robbie0723's Avatar
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 77
Default

When is traffic heaviest in the area?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lot, year, put, bend, retiring

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.