I'm New, I'm Blue, and I'm Confused Too [Marsh Bend vs Linden]

I'm New, I'm Blue, and I'm Confused Too [Marsh Bend vs Linden]

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
THEY = real estate sales people!
Yep!

Old 06-18-2019, 11:47 AM

To All:

Thank you very much for your thoughts and feedback, it is a great resource to keep with us moving forward. We are in town over the 4th to pick the final destination, fingers crossed. I will post some updates when it all goes down.

To my future neighbors, we appreciate your warm welcomes, and the feeling is mutual !!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 06:47 AM

Well, we did it !!!

Bought an Indigo on Demarco Drive in Marsh Bend. Close in August, move in spring of 2020. Thanks again for all of the insight. See you in The Villages !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExcite721 View Post
Well, we did it !!!

Bought an Indigo on Demarco Drive in Marsh Bend. Close in August, move in spring of 2020. Thanks again for all of the insight. See you in The Villages !!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to you. Let the move in countdown clock begin now!
Old 07-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
My concern with Marsh Bend is how congested and busy it might be with all that is going to be there, rec. center, shopping plaza, ball fields, soccer, RC boats and cars, pitch and put, Cattail, etc., it could take a long time to get out to Warm Springs once everything is completed.
I think your concerns are valid.

We have lived in Osceola Hills for three years. We love going to Marsh Bend to walk the wonderful trail around Hogeye Marsh and to play the beautiful Marshview golf course.

We have no intention of moving, but if we were, we would definitely prefer Monarch Grove. It will have much less traffic than MB and it will easier to get out to a main road.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I think your concerns are valid.

We have lived in Osceola Hills for three years. We love going to Marsh Bend to walk the wonderful trail around Hogeye Marsh and to play the beautiful Marshview golf course.

We have no intention of moving, but if we were, we would definitely prefer Monarch Grove. It will have much less traffic than MB and it will easier to get out to a main road.
I think you may have the traffic situation backwards.

Looking at the map and growth to come the potential traffic on Corbin Trail going south would be much greater. Corbin Trail will cut through from CR501 at Linden down to CR470. Marsh Bend Trail goes form Warm Springs to US301. The Corbin Trail area is about 3x larger than the area serviced by Marsh Bend.

Obviously we don't know what they have planned for south of Monarch Grove but to think it will be less that what is happening now in the areas being developed would buck a very long standing trend. Don't forget also that the Bailey Bridge is slated to be updated to carry both GC and auto traffic and will dump traffic into the area just south of Monarch Grove.
Attached Thumbnails
166-2019-07-11-07-35-jpg  
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Old 07-11-2019, 07:09 AM

Great information Don, thank you for adding to the conversation !!
Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Looking at the map and growth to come the potential traffic on Corbin Trail going south would be much greater. Corbin Trail will cut through from CR501 at Linden down to CR470. Marsh Bend Trail goes form Warm Springs to US301. The Corbin Trail area is about 3x larger than the area serviced by Marsh Bend.
I agree with that prediction.

However, I think people living in Monarch Grove will have an easy time getting out to the main road CR501. In addition to Corbin Trail, they could leave on Reagan Road or the new Knudson Run.

When we play at the Marshview golf course in Marsh Bend, we notice that it is a long drive just to reach Warm Springs Avenue. All of the new homes being built in De Luna will also be driving along that stretch of road and I think it will be very congested.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Don't forget also that the Bailey Bridge is slated to be updated to carry both GC and auto traffic and will dump traffic into the area just south of Monarch Grove.
And into the new Southern Oaks Square
Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 AM

When is traffic heaviest in the area?

Tags
lot, year, put, bend, retiring