Inside Walled Back-Yard

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

I've got storage inside my villa walls.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:37 PM

How tall are the walls on the villa"s? Would an 8 foot shed be to high?
Old 03-28-2020, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcspaul View Post
Our CYV is masonry and was built in 2011. The side walls between villas are the 6' white vinyl fences and the back wall is a 7' high block wall. Probably nothing higher than a 5' high structure would work best. I posted earlier that I have a storage box that is about 3' high and it contains most everything I need for the yard, trimmer, blower, shears, rakes, etc.

The small holly bushes that were 2' tall when when we bought our unit are now as high as the wall, and that's only because I trim them twice a year. Here is our backyard, what you can't see is a 25' high holly tree to the left of the picture. The yard is fairly secluded. Around the corner there is 10' between villas and that is really the best place for a store box or small shed.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-29-2020, 06:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcspaul View Post
Sheds are not allowed. Those that say that they are allowed inside the wall are really saying that if no one can see it, you can probably get away with it.

Community Standards can accurately answer any of your questions regarding deed restrictions.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Sheds are not allowed. Those that say that they are allowed inside the wall are really saying that if no one can see it, you can probably get away with it.

Community Standards can accurately answer any of your questions regarding deed restrictions.
You're right, I go by the old phrase, out of sight out of mind and most villa owners do. However, getting ARC approval is very simple, you can download the application online. We have two homes on our street of 13 villas that have birdcages, this one is 4 doors down from me, we also have 3 homes that have a trellis as high as the gutters with ceiling fans. It's not hard to get approved.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
back-yard, small, inside, completely, enclosing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.