Did it, bought a home in TV

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2018, 07:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts
Default Did it, bought a home in TV

The wife and I close on our new home in McClure on 3 December. Bought a Ruby that has a 2 car garage which was the deciding factor on the house we bought.
We first visited The Villages 5 years ago and did the "experience the villages thing" but decided that it wasn't the right time for us. Since then we have visited two more times and after the last visit in September made the decision to move here permanently. We should have done it 5 years ago. I'm originally from Iowa and my wife is from Germany. We met while I was stationed near Mannheim and have been married for 50 years now. Been living in Tennessee since 1984 which is a beautiful state but in our old age the sun beckons. We are really looking forward to having fun in The Villages.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:43 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
The wife and I close on our new home in McClure on 3 December. Bought a Ruby that has a 2 car garage which was the deciding factor on the house we bought.
We first visited The Villages 5 years ago and did the "experience the villages thing" but decided that it wasn't the right time for us. Since then we have visited two more times and after the last visit in September made the decision to move here permanently. We should have done it 5 years ago. I'm originally from Iowa and my wife is from Germany. We met while I was stationed near Mannheim and have been married for 50 years now. Been living in Tennessee since 1984 which is a beautiful state but in our old age the sun beckons. We are really looking forward to having fun in The Villages.
Congrats. Hope you love it as much as we do.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Platinum member

Congratulations. I'm sure you two are just counting the days. Two days ago I was in our pool -- my relatives in NY were shoveling snow. What's not to like?

Wishing you much happiness. Herzlichen Glückwunsch und viele Jahre Glück.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Happy for you both. We love it here.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Congratulations, I have not yet run across anyone who regretted becoming a Villager.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Coming from up north and migrating down to Florida. This truly is one of the happiest places to live. The energy everywhere else always seems to be stressed and in a rush when you people watch for a moment, but here, it just feels more laid back and well spirited. Everyone is exactly where they want to be, and enjoying the moment.

Lets face it, life is short, enjoy it.

Traffic in season isn't much of traffic but merely more cars with little to no slow downs vs Washington DC, Hot-lanta (Atlanta) and other places where your car should come with a sleeping quarters as standard.
americanartisanllc@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanAConstruction/

Quote:
An ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure. -Benjamin Franklin
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, years, bought, ago, visited

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.