Verizon Fios

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Default Verizon Fios

Is Verizon Fios offered in the Villages? Have it here, hope to have it in Fla.
Will be taking the 'Tour' in a few weeks.
Thanks Tom from NJ
Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No it's not offered. Comcast. Centry Link, I think Brighthouse on the new side and the Dish outfits.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

I think brighthouse has teamed with verizon. I dont know if that helps
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had Verizon home phone, internet and cell phone in Maryland and Directv and when we moved here in 2011 we kept the Verizon cell phone but we had to switch to Century Link for home phone and internet and we still have Directv. We have since dropped our Verizon cellphone for a cheaper AT&T pay as you go phone since we're not big cell users or have smart phones. We were paying $36 a month for a cell phone and now we pay only $25 total every three months.

Our Verizon service in Maryland was much cheaper, we had internet 768 kbps speed for $15 a month and local telephone with no long distance for $22 a month, total bill was $37 a month with tax. Here we have internet 10 mbps speed and home phone with unlimited long distance, caller ID and call block, total $75 a month with tax. It was more than we needed but to get less wouldn't of saved that much money, so we saved on the cellphone.

The other option was Comcast for home phone and internet and I wasn't a big fan of Comcast when we were in Maryland, in fact we had dropped Comcast cable in 2008 because of bad service and lack of HD channels and that's when we switched to Directv. We're still with Directv because we like it better and they are the only company that offers NFL Sunday Ticket. Unless your a Jacksonville Jaguars fan, then you're in luck, however most of the time they're blacked out anyway. In the newest area south of CR466A they also have Brighthouse Cable, which I hear is better than Comcast if you're going the cable route.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Thank You. Really like Verizon Fios . Sorry to hear it is not in The Villages.
Any fiber optics in the Villages? Maybe the newer sections?
Tom NJ
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.