Jet Ski Rentals

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2017, 05:48 AM
Default Jet Ski Rentals

We love to jet ski. Any good rental places near the Villages? Are there any Villages clubs or groups that do jet ski tours or anything like that?

I found some places over on the Gulf Coast near Tampa and Clearwater, just wondered if there was anything closer.

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:27 AM

I thought someone mentioned jet ski and pontoon boat rentals at Lake Weir. Perhaps calling Eaton's Beach to see if they have them or can direct you to someone on the lake. less than 15 minutes from the Villages. Good Luck
Old 08-03-2017, 10:20 AM

Yes, they do rent jet skis at Eaton's Beach at Lake Weir and it is a nice lake to run them.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:33 AM

Oh yeah. Just Googled Eaton's beach and they do indeed rent jet skis. Thanks. Looks like a beautiful lake.

Dumb question, but I have to ask. Gators in there? Not sure my honey would be happy about that. I know, spoken like a true Northerner. Sorry.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick46 View Post
Oh yeah. Just Googled Eaton's beach and they do indeed rent jet skis. Thanks. Looks like a beautiful lake.

Dumb question, but I have to ask. Gators in there? Not sure my honey would be happy about that. I know, spoken like a true Northerner. Sorry.
Yes, there are gators in Lake Weir.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:04 AM

Oh great. I should have figured, there's probably gators in every decent sized body of water in Florida. So how does that work, are there areas where it's safe to go around the lake or is it hazardous everywhere? I see pictures of beaches and swimming areas at the lake as well as lots of boats and water craft. Just nobody goes in the water?

I'll have to think twice about this, may have to limit our jet skiing to the Gulf.

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24
Wink

Yep! Now all you have to worry about is Sharks and Jellyfish! What a situation! Go to Lake Weir! The sound of the jet ski scares away any gator nearby!!! Have Fun! Or make sure you stay on the jet ski and there would be no worry at all!!!
Old 08-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Oh great. I should have figured, there's probably gators in every decent sized body of water in Florida. So how does that work, are there areas where it's safe to go around the lake or is it hazardous everywhere? I see pictures of beaches and swimming areas at the lake as well as lots of boats and water craft. Just nobody goes in the water?

I'll have to think twice about this, may have to limit our jet skiing to the Gulf.

Thanks.

OMG - I'll probably have nightmares just from reading this post. I am so terrified of alligators that I can not go into our own (enclosed) pool at night unless someone is with me. How on earth would anyone trust going into a body of water with alligators? I wouldn't even trust a row boat let alone a jet ski.

But then -- many of you might feel the same way about living in Brooklyn. LOL To each his own I guess.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Have you been here to The Villages yet?
Old 08-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
OMG - I'll probably have nightmares just from reading this post. I am so terrified of alligators that I can not go into our own (enclosed) pool at night unless someone is with me. How on earth would anyone trust going into a body of water with alligators? I wouldn't even trust a row boat let alone a jet ski.

But then -- many of you might feel the same way about living in Brooklyn. LOL To each his own I guess.
I know exactly how you feel. I saw the Jet Ski's at Lake Weir and asked the Gator question and he said they won't bother you. I'm doing better with getting less concerned with the wildlife but I would walk around a puddle here cause you never know. Going in The Cement Pond at night alone...no way good call.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sure people go in the water. But be warned that gators don't necessarily respect "No Trespassing" signs.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Sure people go in the water. But be warned that gators don't necessarily respect "No Trespassing" signs.
They don't know how to read Silly Goose!
Old 08-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh great. I should have figured, there's probably gators in every decent sized body of water in Florida.
We even have gators in our little retention ponds.
Be careful and don't take your dogs near the ponds.
The gators travel through the tubes so one day you see a gator, and the next day, he's moved on.
I speak from experience.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Have you been here to The Villages yet?
Yes, many times over the years. We have friends that live there.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:06 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

you can rent jet skiis at Tavares

Tags
jet, ski, places, villages, closer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.