Lap Swimming

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2021, 09:00 AM
Default Lap Swimming

We will be closing on our vacation home in Hawkins in June and will be spending some time there getting things situated. What is the procedure for reserving a swim lane and where is the nearest lap pool to the Hawkins neighborhood?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 05-10-2021, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

All regional recreation centers (except for Savannah and Paradise) have regulation length 25 yard long sport pools that offer lap swimming times. Get a copy of the recreation news which is included in the Daily Sun every Thursday, or is always available at all the regional Rec centers. The recreational news has a section that lists the schedules for each sports pools. You will see that there are lap swimming times (not nearly enough in my opinion) where all lanes are available for lap swimming, and open swim times, where half the pool is for lap swimming and the other half is for water walkers. You can not reserve a lane, it is on a first come availability basis. Before Covid it seemed much easier to get a lane, and people typically didn’t mind sharing a lane. It seems like during the pandemic many more people have taken up lap swimming and many people don’t want to share a lane. Now that I am fully vaccinated I am happy to share a lane with someone waiting to swim laps. In general, lap swimming hours are typically very early in the morning and in the evenings, because the pools are monopolized by the various other water based group activities during the heart of the day. Sunday is an exception, when lap swimming hours are available at several sports pools throughout the day. Welcome to the Villages and swim on : )
Old 05-10-2021, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

Either Everglades (closest) or Rohan would be your closest.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Swimming is not encouraged in TV swimming pools.
Walking, talking, and stalking, are the main activities.
Old 05-10-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Swimming is not encouraged in TV swimming pools.
Walking, talking, and stalking, are the main activities.
Ha Usually in a circle using the full width of the pool and they dislike swimmers
Closed Thread

Tags
hawkins, lap, neighborhood, pool, nearest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.