Length of Design meeting

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
We met with design on Wednesday and we signed the contract a week later on a Thursday. One day was spent designing our pool. We started out with a Laurel Oak and decided to go with a modified Ivy. The reason I say modified Ivy is because we utilized the size of the fourth bedroom and incorporated storage space with a half bath on the lanai, an enlarged master bedroom with an additional walk-in closet, a butler's pantry, a larger secondary bedroom and more. We wound up with a three-bedroom, 2 1/2 bath Ivy. The sky is the limit with the home we never dreamed we would one day own. We will close on our home in August and can't wait for that to happen. The process of design was exhausting for me and without the guidance of our design person our dream home would never have come to be. Traci was amazing!
Wow, your experience was a lot different than ours. We mainly just chose the options we wanted and did some minor tweaking to the basis floor plan, but it sounds like you actually DESIGNED your house.

We hope you like your new house.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Village of Cason Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
One day was spent designing our pool. We started out with a Laurel Oak and decided to go with a modified Ivy. The reason I say modified Ivy is because we utilized the size of the fourth bedroom and incorporated storage space with a half bath on the lanai, an enlarged master bedroom with an additional walk-in closet, a butler's pantry, a larger secondary bedroom and more. We wound up with a three-bedroom, 2 1/2 bath Ivy

We are going with an Ivy too and also need that under A/C extra storage and have thought about more closet space and another half bath. If we are going to add one thinking a splash pool or cocktail pool nothing too big and all the sales agent could say is a small pool would fit.

Congrats on your dream home sounds terrific!
Old 06-04-2019, 02:27 AM

Anyone know the base price for a Mossy Oak?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriboo View Post
Anyone know the base price for a Mossy Oak?
One of or neighbors in Osceola Hills bought a new Mossy Oak last year for $270K. Before their house was built, the lot was on sale for $5K.

I don't know how many upgrades came with the house.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:27 PM

You only have 90 days from signing lot contract to design, then about 90 days to build (they give you a closing date at the end of design). You should know the model you want to build BEFORE buying the lot. That way your agent and design team will let you know if your model fits on a specific lot. Initially design said our model would not fit on our lot, but our agent tilted the house slightly and showed it would fit with a golf cart garage and bumping out 2 guest bedrooms. So know the model, golf cart garage, and any bump outs before buying lot. Then your agent can show you lots that will fit what you want. The design is a multi day process that requires about 12 hours or so, depending on how long it takes you to decide. We spent Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning doing most of the work. A few hours on Wednesday looking at finishes we were using in various completed homes. And then Friday looking at final drawings and signing the contract. We probably spent about 10% more than we wanted due to the upgrades we wanted (countertops, flooring, lighting, bump outs and lanai extension).
Old 06-14-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
You only have 90 days from signing lot contract to design, then about 90 days to build (they give you a closing date at the end of design)
We just signed the lot contract on 6/12/19, its now 120 days until design meeting !!
Old 06-18-2019, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExcite721 View Post
We just signed the lot contract on 6/12/19, its now 120 days until design meeting !!
Signed on 6/6 for an Iris on a lot in Monarch Grove, 108 days until design. So maybe synchronized when they plan to build out that street?

Wish there was a way to review at least some of the choices prior to the meeting.

Looking through Iris homes online and saving photos of things/colors I like.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:48 PM

I guess design is stacked up if they are now giving 120 days from purchase to design. The more you can do upfront on what you want in the house the easier the design process will be.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:45 AM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I just finished my design meet. Never building a house before or really thinking about little decisions that have to be made, at times it was overwhelming but basically it was fun. Excited to start the build July 22 and will have occupancy October 21

Thanks everyone for your input. I just finished my design meet. Nerve-racking at times but overall a fun great experience. Looking forward to the final product. Build starts July 22 occupancy October 21. I see light at the end of the tunnel!

Last edited by Moderator; 07-08-2019 at 06:44 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
design, meeting, complete, days, length

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.