Let me introduce myself

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2019, 11:36 PM
Default Let me introduce myself

A full time Villager for the past 3 years. A working man for 7 years, a union shop steward for 22 years and a union organizer for the remaining 23. I love working people and I love living here. I'm not here to organize anyone nor change minds, only to live the rest of my
life the best way I know how. Loving my wife and loving my life. I spent my working career improving families working conditions and improving their lives. I firmly believe and always have that the working men and women of all creeds and ethnicities that comprise our country are the firm backbone that has made America great for the past 250 years. Please, not to be taken as a political statement, only a human one. I'm here to debate in a non-political way, with all due respect.
Let the game begin, if you let me allow.

Last edited by PrudentLifer; 10-02-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:11 AM
Sage

Don't think this is the site to be doing that as it sounds pretty political to me. The moderators won't allow it to get to that. I suspect there's other social media sites locally that will allow your "social discourse".
Old 10-03-2019, 06:47 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Old 10-03-2019, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Try the villagesdotcom site that must not be mentioned. Lots of social discourse ( or is it disorder?) over there!!
Old 10-03-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Yes, here you are supposed to know what to say, I suppose, and don’t get it wrong!
Old 10-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yes, here you are supposed to know what to say, I suppose, and don’t get it wrong!
I remember some thirteen years ago when I first posted on this site, incredulous about all the malarkey about how great this place was. I thought for sure that someone was exaggerating about how terrific The Villages was and there must be a fly in the ointment, or a conspiracy or someone was flat out lying, although we had come for a 24 hour visit to a friend here who was raving about it.

I posted my doubts on here and boy was I flattened in a New York second. I thought I was asking reasonable questions and would be told that there was a huge spoof and someone was a dog in the woodshed, and for the first time in my life, I was beat up and criticized and put down and stomped on.

I know now why, now that I have succumbed and am now part of the glory shouters. Funny how that is. Funny how that is.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

If there was anything I learned as a teacher was there is always more things to learn. Always happy to hear from you.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
A full time Villager for the past 3 years. A working man for 7 years, a union shop steward for 22 years and a union organizer for the remaining 23. I love working people and I love living here. I'm not here to organize anyone nor change minds, only to live the rest of my
life the best way I know how. Loving my wife and loving my life. I spent my working career improving families working conditions and improving their lives. I firmly believe and always have that the working men and women of all creeds and ethnicities that comprise our country are the firm backbone that has made America great for the past 250 years. Please, not to be taken as a political statement, only a human one. I'm here to debate in a non-political way, with all due respect.
Nice to hear from you. I am a law librarian by training (JD, MA, BA, BA) and inclination and like a very tough minded search for the best information for any given situation to improve things. Been on Talk of the Villages since July 2007 and have seen a lot of changes and many people come and go. I run into some of those posters from the early period of TOTV-- like 2007, every so often in person.

And see other posters almost every week in person for various amounts of time.

We have been in Florida since 1996 and here in the Villages since June of 2005.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Don't think this is the site to be doing that as it sounds pretty political to me. The moderators won't allow it to get to that. I suspect there's other social media sites locally that will allow your "social discourse".

Only from time to time will I want to enter into a social discourse in very generalized terms. I understand this site has a ban on political discourse and I will adhere to that policy.
As countrymen and women we all share the same dreams and desire of prosperity for ourselves and our neighbors. Together we have achieved much since the Industrial Age began and in the same way we can achieve greater gains in this new Digital Age. Financial security for our elders is paramount and to achieve this our children and grandchildren must be guaranteed the same promises which were given to us.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Try the villagesdotcom site that must not be mentioned. Lots of social discourse ( or is it disorder?) over there!!

Been there done that. Too many trolls with not much to say. Nice to meet you Two Bills!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Nice to hear from you. I am a law librarian by training (JD, MA, BA, BA) and inclination and like a very tough minded search for the best information for any given situation to improve things. Been on Talk of the Villages since July 2007 and have seen a lot of changes and many people come and go. I run into some of those posters from the early period of TOTV-- like 2007, every so often in person.

And see other posters almost every week in person for various amounts of time.

We have been in Florida since 1996 and here in the Villages since June of 2005.

Thank you and nice to meet you!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
If there was anything I learned as a teacher was there is always more things to learn. Always happy to hear from you.

Thank you Velvet! It's good to be here.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Sage

Good Morning! Interesting and beautiful community we live in, that’s for sure. And, this online community is equally as interesting. Whether all believe it or not, we here are a sort of “family,” ...we may agree or disagree on things....but just about all return each day to see what’s going on. Not everyone in any family thinks the same and that’s what keeps things lively! Nice to have you here....😁
Old 10-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrudentLifer View Post
Could you re-state, simply, exactly what it is you want to debate?
Old 10-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Could you re-state, simply, exactly what it is you want to debate?
Gotta admit...I had the same question.
Closed Thread

Tags
years, love, union, life, loving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.