Lifestyle Preview in April/May

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Default Lifestyle Preview in April/May

Does anyone know what the usual cost is per night for the Lifestyle preview in April or May? It seems like it was $75 or $50 a night(?). I spoke with someone on the phone and she said they are not scheduling that far in advance yet, for the LIfestyle Preview. But it is cheaper to find airfare in advance for us in California.
Also, what can you tell us about fishing in the Villages? Would we be able to just drive the golf cart to a lake in the Villages and fish (having all the licenses and all). My husband likes to fish. Are there groups for fishing, and is most of the real fishing outside The Villages?
My husband is more sceptical than I am, regarding The Villages, but I just know that we will both love it when we are out there and seeing and doing things for ourselves. He will be 55 in September, and I just turned 49.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:48 PM

hi california dreamer... we stayed for 5 nights (booked in may) in aug of 2008 and it was $75 a night... at the time it included several meals, golf, bowling, and movies... it changes frequently depending on time of year and sales volume... no matter what the cost, i have no doubt you and your husband will fall in love with TV...have fun
Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Sage

caifornia -

Re: Lifestyle Preview - Your best bet would be to call the same people back and ask them exactly what IS included nowadays. As already stated, it does change from time to time. They should also be able to tell you when you can book and what the cost will be. It's always been more expensive during "prime time" (Jan. thru Mar.).

Re: fishing - Check this link - it should answer a lot of your questions: http://www.freshwaterfishingclub.com/The_Villages.htm

I think your husband will probably be less skeptical once he sees and experiences TV, even for a short while. There are still tons of things to find out and questions to ask, though - everyone goes through it! And you'll find much of what you want to know (or at least peoples' opinions about things ) right here on TOTV!!

Enjoy -
Bill
Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by california dreamer View Post
Does anyone know what the usual cost is per night for the Lifestyle preview in April or May? It seems like it was $75 or $50 a night(?). I spoke with someone on the phone and she said they are not scheduling that far in advance yet, for the LIfestyle Preview. But it is cheaper to find airfare in advance for us in California.
Also, what can you tell us about fishing in the Villages? Would we be able to just drive the golf cart to a lake in the Villages and fish (having all the licenses and all). My husband likes to fish. Are there groups for fishing, and is most of the real fishing outside The Villages?
My husband is more sceptical than I am, regarding The Villages, but I just know that we will both love it when we are out there and seeing and doing things for ourselves. He will be 55 in September, and I just turned 49.
California Dreamer,

April or May are excellent times to come. I think our first LSP was in April. As I recall it was $75 a night and included lots of free meals, two free rounds of golf, movie tickets, cart and bicycles. Prices may vary. Some restrictions apply. See store for details.

Kidding aside, here's a suggestion. Call the sales office and say you and hubby are interested in buying a home in TV and would like to speak with a sales rep. (If possible, don't mention that you've already spoken with one.) Ask the rep. a few questions that show your interest in moving to TV. Then, if a LSP is not offered, ask about one for April or May.

While there is no pressure at all to purchase or even look at homes during your visit, the LSP program is designed for people who are interested in moving in TV. I don't know how others have done it, but we didn't actually request our first LSP. TV sent us a letter offering it. This was after hubby had ordered the video.

Someone in a recent thread said he/she thought TV might be scaling back on LSPs for people who are just looking for an inexpensive vacation. Perhaps that is the case. Let them know you are potentially interested in living here.

BTW, if you come, I bet hubby's skepticism will go the way of the dinosaur.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

We are going to be in a LS in a few weeks and we are paying $150 a night. The price just raised from $100 on Saturday so I doubt that it will be going up any further for the forseeable future and I further doubt that they will scale it back come summer when things slow down a bit.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Gold member

Try this link: http://www.thevillages.com/comevisit/lpp.asp

If it does not go direct to the site just copy and paste it into your browser.

The per day charge is usually less in the summer months. Prime time is $150 per day but includes lots of freebees.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
We are going to be in a LS in a few weeks and we are paying $150 a night. The price just raised from $100 on Saturday so I doubt that it will be going up any further for the forseeable future and I further doubt that they will scale it back come summer when things slow down a bit.
My husband and I are also coming down in a few weeks (end of Feb) for 5 nights @ $150/night. We're really excited about our visit.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
In summer 75 othewise 100 plus a night that time a year
Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Realtors

By all means, do the Lifestyle Package - and get a golf cart while doing it. It is 100% better to explore The Villages in a golf cart than in a car. You will "get lost" a few times but Villagers will direct you to the place you want to go.

When you are serious about buying, definitely do look at the re-sale homes instead of new homes or just a lot. You can negotiate prices on re-sales while new homes or empty lots are not open to negotiation.

Also, when you are serious about buying, use a Villages Realtor AND a Realtor from outside The Villages (such as ERA/Tom Grizzard). That way you will be able to see re-sales listed with BOTH Villages Realty and outside companies. They cannot show each other's listings.

I believe a re-sale is a better deal because you can negotiate price with the seller, there is a smaller bond (mine was $2,300 vs $23,000) in a resale vs new; mature landscaping, and no housing construction going on around you for 6 months after you move in.

The Villages Realtors are really pushing the empty lots in the new St. James section right now saying it will be close to the new Brownwood town square. It is also close to the outskirts of Wildwood and there have been some burglaries from unfinished homes at that end of The Villages. Wildwood is kind of a depressed town that is backs up to The Villages property.

My home was built in 2002, is concrete/block/stucco, backs to a championship golf course, and cost way less than a new home. I have been here just over 1 year and totally love The Villages.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
My husband and I visited TV in April 2010. The Lifestyle Preview cost per night was $125. We stayed in the Creekside Cabanas.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 01-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Default thanks!

thanks for all the helpful suggestions!! I really like the fishing website!

I will call The Villages this weekend and ask to speak to a salesperson. From what I was told over the phone the first time, they have someone who just plans your LIfestyle visit and then after that you have a salesperson once you are there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.