Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   lifestyle preview visit (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/lifestyle-preview-visit-36232/)

Bill-n-Brillo 02-23-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedoman (Post 333075)
We have friends who were denied a LSV because they already had one. Is this new?

We were openly offered a second one a year ago as I believe they had the sense were still potentially interested buyers. We were told there would be no "perks" like the meals and such but I believe it would still have included the golf cart and the bikes.

Perhaps if TV gets the feeling that someone isn't serious, that might be a reason why they might deny a second visit. Or if they're wanting to come back during 'high season'........

Bill

Francie 02-23-2011 03:39 PM

I have done the preview plan 3 times and am coming down in a month for my fourth. Lot's of freebies on the 1st (dinner at Arnold Palmer and the Lighthouse, lunch at The Lighthouse and The Veranda (that is now closed). Got only a couple coupons on the second visit and none for the 3rd and 4th visits. That was OK with me. I'm just glad they allow me to come back. Have a home rented for a week also at another time through www.TheVillages4Rent.com

You will love it. The homes are great and close to Lake Sumter Landing. You will have a golf cart and bikes.

Number 6 02-23-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleMN (Post 332701)
In 2003 we paid $50 per night to stay in CY villa and received $50 per day in Village Bucks. Could use them for golf, certain restaurants, Banner Mercantile and other places as well. It was a super deal.

Us too, plus the limo ride to and from the Orlando airport. Good times.

Bosoxfan 02-23-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francie (Post 333106)
I have done the preview plan 3 times and am coming down in a month for my fourth. Lot's of freebies on the 1st (dinner at Arnold Palmer and the Lighthouse, lunch at The Lighthouse and The Veranda (that is now closed). Got only a couple coupons on the second visit and none for the 3rd and 4th visits. That was OK with me. I'm just glad they allow me to come back. Have a home rented for a week also at another time through www.TheVillages4Rent.com

You will love it. The homes are great and close to Lake Sumter Landing. You will have a golf cart and bikes.

Wish they would stop folks from using the Lifestyle Preview as a yearly vacation! This isn't a resort it's our hometown!

logdog 02-23-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosoxfan (Post 333133)
Wish they would stop folks from using the Lifestyle Preview as a yearly vacation! This isn't a resort it's our hometown!

It will stop in about 4 years...

Francie 02-24-2011 11:19 AM

Not using it as a vacation. I am looking to buy in TV, but not for at least 2 years. Every visit I learn more about the TV and what I want when I eventually retire. Believe me, I have the utmost respect that TV is your home and abide by all rules when visiting. These multiple visits have allowed me to gain a better understanding of what I want to buy. What is the difference between a lifestyle visit and the hundreds of visitors who temporarily rent?

jmemc46 02-24-2011 02:29 PM

I did life style tour about 4 yrs. ago. It was great we had dinner or lunch free every day,free movie free golf we even went to Katie Bells which was great. WOULD DO IT AGAIN .have a great time. Hope things are still that way for you.
JMEMC

JohnN 02-24-2011 03:53 PM

francie, the lifestyle visit is via The Villages and it's in their owned housing (at a great price) plus they throw in a lot of perks (dinners, movies, golf, etc). Beyond that, anyone can rent privately sans perks.

Russ_Boston 02-24-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logdog (Post 333136)
It will stop in about 4 years...

Maybe not - With a small % of homes available for private rent, TV will always be used as a vacation spot. Many of these will be for friends/relatives of people here but it is still non-TV owners. Personally I welcome all.

logdog 02-24-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 333466)
Maybe not - With a small % of homes available for private rent, TV will always be used as a vacation spot. Many of these will be for friends/relatives of people here but it is still non-TV owners. Personally I welcome all.

I meant the TV Lifestyle Visits will end in about 4 years when we get to build-out.

Russ_Boston 02-24-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logdog (Post 333469)
I meant the TV Lifestyle Visits will end in about 4 years when we get to build-out.

Yep, sorry about that.

I was referring more to the 'TV as vacationland' theory.

NJSonja 02-26-2011 12:28 PM

when we get to build out?

what does that mean, please?

thanks,

sonja

Russ_Boston 02-26-2011 12:39 PM

Build out means when the last NEW home will be built and sold in TV. There is still one large section from 466A to route 44 that needs to be built. Another 7,500 - 10,000 homes or so?

katezbox 02-26-2011 02:52 PM

I wonder if the start of building across 466A has accelerated interest in new homes...

Jakel 02-26-2011 03:43 PM

Just got back from our Lifestyle visit

We just got back from our Lifestyle visit, and our week was $1050....we received passes for a movie, 2 executive Golf rounds, 2 Chamionship Golf rounds, a bucket of balls at the driving range, and a coupon book with a variety of discounts at restaurants, only the Tea Plantation offering a free entree with a purchased one. Most were a free dessert, or 10% off, a free chocolate bar, a free danish, etc.

Not complaining at all, but since we aren't golfers yet, and didn't use the Championship rounds, would have liked to trade them for something we would have enjoyed. We stayed in a beautiful CYV, and had 2 bikes and a golf cart. Everyone treated us well, and our house is close to being sold. Yea!!