lifestyle preview visit

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
We have friends who were denied a LSV because they already had one. Is this new?
We were openly offered a second one a year ago as I believe they had the sense were still potentially interested buyers. We were told there would be no "perks" like the meals and such but I believe it would still have included the golf cart and the bikes.

Perhaps if TV gets the feeling that someone isn't serious, that might be a reason why they might deny a second visit. Or if they're wanting to come back during 'high season'........

Bill
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM

I have done the preview plan 3 times and am coming down in a month for my fourth. Lot's of freebies on the 1st (dinner at Arnold Palmer and the Lighthouse, lunch at The Lighthouse and The Veranda (that is now closed). Got only a couple coupons on the second visit and none for the 3rd and 4th visits. That was OK with me. I'm just glad they allow me to come back. Have a home rented for a week also at another time through www.TheVillages4Rent.com

You will love it. The homes are great and close to Lake Sumter Landing. You will have a golf cart and bikes.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
In 2003 we paid $50 per night to stay in CY villa and received $50 per day in Village Bucks. Could use them for golf, certain restaurants, Banner Mercantile and other places as well. It was a super deal.
Us too, plus the limo ride to and from the Orlando airport. Good times.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie View Post
I have done the preview plan 3 times and am coming down in a month for my fourth. Lot's of freebies on the 1st (dinner at Arnold Palmer and the Lighthouse, lunch at The Lighthouse and The Veranda (that is now closed). Got only a couple coupons on the second visit and none for the 3rd and 4th visits. That was OK with me. I'm just glad they allow me to come back. Have a home rented for a week also at another time through www.TheVillages4Rent.com

You will love it. The homes are great and close to Lake Sumter Landing. You will have a golf cart and bikes.
Wish they would stop folks from using the Lifestyle Preview as a yearly vacation! This isn't a resort it's our hometown!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Wish they would stop folks from using the Lifestyle Preview as a yearly vacation! This isn't a resort it's our hometown!
It will stop in about 4 years...
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:19 AM

Not using it as a vacation. I am looking to buy in TV, but not for at least 2 years. Every visit I learn more about the TV and what I want when I eventually retire. Believe me, I have the utmost respect that TV is your home and abide by all rules when visiting. These multiple visits have allowed me to gain a better understanding of what I want to buy. What is the difference between a lifestyle visit and the hundreds of visitors who temporarily rent?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 PM

I did life style tour about 4 yrs. ago. It was great we had dinner or lunch free every day,free movie free golf we even went to Katie Bells which was great. WOULD DO IT AGAIN .have a great time. Hope things are still that way for you.
JMEMC
Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

francie, the lifestyle visit is via The Villages and it's in their owned housing (at a great price) plus they throw in a lot of perks (dinners, movies, golf, etc). Beyond that, anyone can rent privately sans perks.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
It will stop in about 4 years...

Maybe not - With a small % of homes available for private rent, TV will always be used as a vacation spot. Many of these will be for friends/relatives of people here but it is still non-TV owners. Personally I welcome all.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Maybe not - With a small % of homes available for private rent, TV will always be used as a vacation spot. Many of these will be for friends/relatives of people here but it is still non-TV owners. Personally I welcome all.
I meant the TV Lifestyle Visits will end in about 4 years when we get to build-out.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
I meant the TV Lifestyle Visits will end in about 4 years when we get to build-out.
Yep, sorry about that.

I was referring more to the 'TV as vacationland' theory.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Default when we get to build out?

what does that mean, please?

thanks,

sonja
Old 02-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage

Build out means when the last NEW home will be built and sold in TV. There is still one large section from 466A to route 44 that needs to be built. Another 7,500 - 10,000 homes or so?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

I wonder if the start of building across 466A has accelerated interest in new homes...
Old 02-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Default Just got back from our Lifestyle visit

We just got back from our Lifestyle visit, and our week was $1050....we received passes for a movie, 2 executive Golf rounds, 2 Chamionship Golf rounds, a bucket of balls at the driving range, and a coupon book with a variety of discounts at restaurants, only the Tea Plantation offering a free entree with a purchased one. Most were a free dessert, or 10% off, a free chocolate bar, a free danish, etc.

Not complaining at all, but since we aren't golfers yet, and didn't use the Championship rounds, would have liked to trade them for something we would have enjoyed. We stayed in a beautiful CYV, and had 2 bikes and a golf cart. Everyone treated us well, and our house is close to being sold. Yea!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.