Logistics of moving, storage, renting, closing!

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Default Logistics of moving, storage, renting, closing!

Having moved several times, this move,when it happens,should be easy ... But! If we cannot meet with the design team until they have a slot open, and we won't commit until we close, or at least contingencies on our sale are removed. After that it is 75 days to build and close ... So we could be looking at 4 months or so of being " homeless"!
We are thinking of putting our stuff, after we get rid of lots of it, in a pod and store it that way so there is only one unload. We are also thinking about renting in TV but looks like it could be when the prices are at their height! We could rent cheaper here, but getting out of Dodge, so to speak, is the goal!
Am sure many of you have been in this position... Any helpful hints?
As always ... Appreciate all of your help!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

My wife and I bought a new home already built in TV or Charlotte last week. We did not want to wait and found what we wanted. If we had built I was going to pull my RV down to Recreation Plantation. (within 1.5 miles of TV) and live there till the home was finished. I just sold the RV but Rec Plantation in Lady Lake has a lot of rentals if you don't mind living in an RV with a screen poarch. I think you would need to get someone to go by Rec Plantation and check the bullentin board for rentals. Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter View Post
Having moved several times, this move,when it happens,should be easy ... But! If we cannot meet with the design team until they have a slot open, and we won't commit until we close, or at least contingencies on our sale are removed. After that it is 75 days to build and close ... So we could be looking at 4 months or so of being " homeless"!
We are thinking of putting our stuff, after we get rid of lots of it, in a pod and store it that way so there is only one unload. We are also thinking about renting in TV but looks like it could be when the prices are at their height! We could rent cheaper here, but getting out of Dodge, so to speak, is the goal!
Am sure many of you have been in this position... Any helpful hints?
As always ... Appreciate all of your help!
Hi Yankee - We are in the same situation - we put a deposit on a lot in Fernandina in May and then came back to CT and put out house on the market thinking that we had plenty of time !! Ha Ha - it sold in 2 weeks and we close at the end of August. The earliest Design Appt. we could get was Oct. 2nd, so we got a rental here in TV (month to month) starting Sept. 2nd. All our stuff is going into a POD and will stay there until we decide - Buy an inventory house or build. This is what is working for us.....

Anne
Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

you can find something to rent on thevillages4rent most unfurnished want a year lease but furnished you can get by the month
Old 07-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Default Congratulations

Hi Ct so good to hear homes here can sell quickly. We are in Shelton and our home went on the market yesterday. We didn't even realize it was Fri the 13 th. lol. Hoping ours goes fast too
Old 07-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Platinum member

Go ahead and "get out of Dodge". It'll be the best homelessness ever! Might have a problem finding a rental after December though!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.