Longing to be a Villager

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If a buyer does not use both they are only hurting themselves. It's not a big deal to look at homes on the MLS one day and a Villages Real Estate representative the next day. It's not going to change so you might as well be happy with it and if not you won't see all of the homes available. In our case, Beth Pope our Villages rep. showed us re-sales that fit our criteria as well as new homes as we were not sure what we wanted. The MLS agent we chose found only one home that he said met our criteria, I left word with him that we would like to see the home, waited two days and he never replied. This MLS agent may not be representative of all MLS agents but in our case there was no comparison between the two, TV won hands down, Beth found us exactly what we were looking for and we are very pleased with it and the transaction itself.

I agree. TV agents have so much of a selection there is no reason to shop elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post

In addition, to not give a veteran the opportunity to get a VA loan to purchase a home here is downright un-American!

I don't think the developer is "denying" loans to veterans. When we bought our first home many years ago, we wanted to get a VA loan but the realtor pointed that the time for a loan application to clear to often took much longer than a conventional mortgage because of all the bureaucratic hoops and requirements involved with no guarantee the loan would go through... most sellers just don't can't deal that the extra time and uncertainty.

When we sold our home before coming to the villages the buyer wanted to use a VA loan but our realtor made them also get backup conventional loan completely ready to go too, if the VA loan took too long to clear or didn't come though. Thank goodness our realtor did that.

From our few dealings with VA loans they in practice are very hard to make use of because of govt. regs and requirements not because seller want to "deny" them to veterans.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
I don't think the developer is "denying" loans to veterans. When we bought our first home many years ago, we wanted to get a VA loan but the realtor pointed that the time for a loan application to clear to often took much longer than a conventional mortgage because of all the bureaucratic hoops and requirements involved with no guarantee the loan would go through... most sellers just don't can't deal that the extra time and uncertainty.

When we sold our home before coming to the villages the buyer wanted to use a VA loan but our realtor made them also get backup conventional loan completely ready to go too, if the VA loan took too long to clear or didn't come though. Thank goodness our realtor did that.

From our few dealings with VA loans they in practice are very hard to make use of because of govt. regs and requirements not because seller want to "deny" them to veterans.

Actually, the time constraint and penalties imposed on a new home buyer have the same effect as denying veterans their right to a VA loan.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,426 Posts

With the availability of mortgage money today and low interest rates, is there still an advantage to non-conventional mortgages? I'm not that familiar with them but I thought they were available with lower down payments and lower rates. Is that still the case?
Old 10-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Sage
Default Longing to be a Villager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
With the availability of mortgage money today and low interest rates, is there still an advantage to non-conventional mortgages? I'm not that familiar with them but I thought they were available with lower down payments and lower rates. Is that still the case?

“Before arranging for a new mortgage to finance a home purchase, veterans should consider some of the advantages of VA home loans: No down payment is required in most cases. Conventional loans typically require a 5 percent down payment, and FHA loans require 3.5 percent. No monthly mortgage insurance premium to pay.”

Benefits and Perks of VA Home Loans | VALoans.com

Old 10-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

On conventional loans outfits such as USAA, Schwab, Costco and so on offer marginal discounts (1/8 - 1/4%) on mortgage rates. Most mortgages are made for the up front fees and soon sold to other institutions. I recently bought a second home in Idaho, got a mortgage through Mountain West Bank, and just received a mortgage payment coupon book from Chase, the assignee. lol

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-20-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

thanks again. Lots of helpful info.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:15 PM

People do have choices for pre-owned sales. You can choose a Villages salesperson/realtor, (small "r) OR you can choose a REALTOR®, (capital "R"), a real estate professional who is member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. You can have both!

If you look at the stats though, it seems that people overwhelmingly are choosing to work with a Villages salesperson/realtor. (Number of listings and sales.)

I don't know what "full services" are lacking from choosing to work with The Villages. They aren't listed by those that tout REALTOR® as the only way to go. We sure didn't see any lack of services when purchasing our home. In fact, our experience was very much the opposite. The Villages realtors have no problem having their customers work with MLS Realtors, to be able to see all of the homes available for sale. You CAN have the best of both worlds here and make your own choices.

I have recently had opportunities to show friends and family our new home town, and have taken them to open houses, where you find a group of courteous, professional sales people, helpful, not pushy, knowledgeable, answering questions, and representing The Villages in a fair and well informed manner.

It is good to have choices!

Last edited by Waverunner; 10-20-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

The Village sales persons are sales agents but they can not be "realtors" as "realtor" is not a generic term. "Realtor" is a collective trademark Collective trade mark - Wikipedia owned by the NAR. National Association of Realtors - Wikipedia

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Veteran member
Exclamation There is a Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
People do have choices for pre-owned sales. You can choose a Villages salesperson/realtor, (small "r) OR you can choose a REALTOR®, (capital "R"), a real estate professional who is member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. You can have both!

If you look at the stats though, it seems that people overwhelmingly are choosing to work with a Villages salesperson/realtor. (Number of listings and sales.)

I don't know what "full services" are lacking from choosing to work with The Villages. They aren't listed by those that tout REALTOR® as the only way to go. We sure didn't see any lack of services when purchasing our home. In fact, our experience was very much the opposite. The Villages realtors have no problem having their customers work with MLS Realtors, to be able to see all of the homes available for sale. You CAN have the best of both worlds here and make your own choices.

I have recently had opportunities to show friends and family our new home town, and have taken them to open houses, where you find a group of courteous, professional sales people, helpful, not pushy, knowledgeable, answering questions, and representing The Villages in a fair and well informed manner.

It is good to have choices!
I agree with most of what you said with the exception of a few things.

The Villages agents, like any agent anywhere, would not like to see you working with another agent; they do have a problem with that!
Other agents are their competition which means that they could lose a commission.

Not to sound like a broken record because I have said this soooo many times in other threads, but the Villages agents are not realtors/Realtors.
The word Realtor is a registered trademark, always capitalized, and can only be used by agents who are members of their local board or association of Realtors and must belong to the National Assn. of Realtors.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:58 PM

The "failure to close on time" penalty imposed on buyers of new construction is simply the developers method of getting buyers to use the developers bank (Citizens) ! It may not be unethical, but it sure leaves you with a bad feeling.
Closed Thread

Tags
question, sales, person, villages, show

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.