Longing to be a Villager

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2017, 06:48 AM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA
Default Longing to be a Villager

We have decided to move to the Villages, it is not question of should we but a question of when. The only thing stopping us is selling our home first.
Our question is what are the pros and cons of using a Villages sales person vs an MLS sales person. We know about the houses each one can show us. What we want to know is after the sale. Are there hidden issues to be aware of if you use one vs the other i.e. warranties, information, or whatever. Thanks....Can't wait to get there!!
Old 10-19-2017, 06:53 AM

Use both and tell them you are doing it. Both will listen to your needs and not steer you elsewhere. Worked for us.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree. You need both. If I remember correctly, MLS can’t do new homes and Villager agents can’t sell preowned.

As to after the fact, I would say it’s the same as after you buy a new or used car. The salesperson won’t recognize you the next day. You need to be smart and get title insurance, a survey, termite inspection, and home inspection. If you aren’t from Florida, hire a real estate attorney. Things are different from state to state. Verbal agreements mean nothing. Get everything in writing.

Welcome!
Old 10-19-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I agree. You need both. If I remember correctly, MLS can’t do new homes and Villager agents can’t sell preowned.

As to after the fact, I would say it’s the same as after you buy a new or used car. The salesperson won’t recognize you the next day. You need to be smart and get title insurance, a survey, termite inspection, and home inspection. If you aren’t from Florida, hire a real estate attorney. Things are different from state to state. Verbal agreements mean nothing. Get everything in writing.

Welcome!
This is half correct. MLS cannot sell new, only resales but only those listed on MLS. Villages agents can sell both new and resales (only those listed on Villages).

Last edited by vaborn@comcast.net; 10-19-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Here is a thread on this subject from just last week;

TV sales vs outside realtor
Old 10-19-2017, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaborn@comcast.net View Post
This is half correct. MLS cannot sell new, only resales but only those listed on MLS. Villages agents can sell both new and resales (only those listed on Villages).
My head knew that, but unfortunately my typing finger didn’t. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

Thanks for your input everyone. We have met and looked at both New and resale’s with a Villages agent. Just to get a feel for things. Recently contacted a MLS agent. Just sitting and waiting to sell our current home and we will be in the villages the next day!!

Last edited by j&b1216; 10-19-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Adding more
Old 10-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&b1216 View Post
Thanks for your input everyone. We have met and looked at both New and resale’s with a Villages agent. Just to get a feel for things. Recently contacted a MLS agent. Just sitting and waiting to sell our current home and we will be in the villages the next day!!
Welcome home. We'll leave the lights on fer ya.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, if you are buying a resale, be sure to get your own building inspector to inspect the house, there was a recent thread about faults NOT included in the disclosure statement, and another about roofing problems, better to be safe than sorry. New houses, you need to get the inspection before the 1 year warranty period.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Data published by Properties of the Villages in the Villages Daily Sun on October 19, 2017 and based on Public Record January 1 – December 31, 2016

Pre- Owned Homes Closed in 2016
Properties of the Villages - 2,026
Realty Exec. - 413
Remax - 242
ERA - 164

We purchased new from The Villages in 2014 to then decide to live here full time in 2017.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&b1216 View Post
Welcome! We purchased in July 17 for a retirement of June 18. Visited in April, found the model we wanted and location and when the right house came on the market, we moved on it. Didn't see the house in person until closing. My mother is currently purchasing a house in TV also, similar process except she won't see her new home until she arrives a week after closing.

The wonders of the internet! I know this process is not for everyone but it has worked for us thus far. We've met some wonderful neighbors on a recent visit to meet the movers. Looking forward to next June when we become full time residents!

Take your time and when you find the right property for you, act on it as our home sold within 12 hours from coming on the market.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:47 PM

thanks!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:04 PM

I am so excited, only 12 more days until retirement and Nov 1, I'm heading to TV to begin the next chapter. I can't wait.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea1107 View Post
I am so excited, only 12 more days until retirement and Nov 1, I'm heading to TV to begin the next chapter. I can't wait.
Congratulations!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaborn@comcast.net View Post
Hi vaborn, if no one has suggested yet, for many reasons it's not a good idea to use your email as your forum name.

Now if it's your enemies email, great idea.
Closed Thread

Tags
question, sales, person, villages, show

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.